port orleans buses

alohacousin

Disability is a matter of perception. If you can d
We have to decide to keep port orleans-frech quarter ressies or wlv's. I am concerned about being told PO only has one bus stop which would make it difficult with a family of 8 and the wheelchair but is much cheaper $300 PO vs $630 WLV. for now that seems to be my only concern.

One of the reasons I love Port Orleans French Quarter is because it is has one bus stop. This means that if there is a wheelchair, the bus isn't already full of people from other stops which means that the wheelchair gets loaded on. One of the things I try to do, wherever we stay at WDW is make sure that if it is a resort with multiple bus stops, I am in a room near to the first stop. Before I figured this out, I waited through way too many full buses(smile).

Wilderness Lodge also has only one bus stop as far as I know (we stayed there 2 years ago). VWL and WL share facilities.
There is boat transportation to get to MK from WL. Because of water levels, the boat is sometimes not available to whelchair users (the boat is either too high or low compared to the dock). They have some ways to make it accessible, like a ramp, loading all the other passengers before wheelchair users if they need to "weigh down" a boat that is floating high in the water. There is also the option of having the person get out of the wheelchair, board the boat and then lift the wheelchair on. Usually, they can work it out, but if someone is using a power wheelchair or ecv (power scooter) or can't get out of their wheelchair, it is sometimes not possible to use the boats.
In that case, you would take the bus to get to the MK.

We just used an ECV at Port Orleans French Quarter and it was super accessible!

POFQ is the first stop on and the first stop back from parks!

The bus was usually empty when it arrived. The ECV was loaded on quickly and off we went!

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter