Port arrival time document

minniemouse1

DIS Veteran
We have not cruised for a few years and when I finished online check in I had a port arrival document to print. I was surprised to see it has a bar code for scanning, lists everyone in your party, your room number, confirmation number, and port time. Is security scanning this at port and not letting people in that show up early for their PAT to help control crowds? I am always amazed at how many people are checking in when we would arrive for our time wondering if some where arriving early.
We are cruising with friends that cruised last year and she said she doesn't remember this form.

We have not cruised for a few years and when I finished online check in I had a port arrival document to print. I was surprised to see it has a bar code for scanning, lists everyone in your party, your room number, confirmation number, and port time. Is security scanning this at port and not letting people in that show up early for their PAT to help control crowds? I am always amazed at how many people are checking in when we would arrive for our time wondering if some where arriving early.
We are cruising with friends that cruised last year and she said she doesn't remember this form.
I'm not sure about everyone, but my last cruise I forgot to bring it I left it in the car. We were in concierge so maybe that's why? The guy checking us in said it was okay that I had forgotten it. I had the book they send so maybe that was enough?

They did check our documents at the gate, but they didn't seem to check everyone's. Also, if someone didn't have it, they just looked them up, so it isn't like you HAD to have it, but it saved time. I didn't see them reject anyone because they were there too early for their PAT. If you get there before your PAT, they usually let you go through security and check in (check-in is faster too if you have your documents printed already), but you still can't board earlier if you have a later PAT until they go to open boarding.

It has been reported that if the terminal is too crowded, they will check PAT and prioritize valid time holders to go in. It is not systematic however.

If you have the booklet sent with the tags, it is sufficient to get in. It has a barcode they can scan to access your file if needed.

Your boarding number is assigned by your PAT. So if you show up early you will get a higher boarding number than the person who shows up on time.

We have a 1030 PAT time and won't be arriving before that time I was just curious what the new document was being used for. I opted to have the booklet mailed to the house so we will have that too if we happen to forget/misplace the port form. thanks everyone for the responses.

They didn't even look at our form in December. Just scanned the passports and gave us our KTTW cards.

I can't say that they really looked at our form, but one thing I do remember them asking was "Is everything on your form correct?" So having the form gave us piece of mind that we knew what they were saying yes to. For some people in line around us, they had to make changes/updates, or even do the form from scratch, which was fine, but took longer, so I feel like having the form and knowing that it is correct is helpful, even if they never actually look at it.

I can't say that they really looked at our form, but one thing I do remember them asking was "Is everything on your form correct?" So having the form gave us piece of mind that we knew what they were saying yes to. For some people in line around us, they had to make changes/updates, or even do the form from scratch, which was fine, but took longer, so I feel like having the form and knowing that it is correct is helpful, even if they never actually look at it.
Good to know. Right now we have a guarantee room with no assigned cabin yet so I should probably print out a new one after our assignment is given. Thank you for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter