Port Arrival Time and Transportation

Amcd33

Earning My Ears
I'm unsure of what to do, and I can't seem to find an answer when I search the threads! This is our first cruise. We have a Port Arrival Time of 10:45 and will be coming from WDW. There will be 10 of us, so the cheapest option is chartering a van. I've priced out options, and they come out about the same. The earliest pick-up time for one of these options is 10am. They cannot promise any earlier than this time. I would assume we would get to the port around 11:10? Would we get on the ship later if we chose this option? Or should we choose another charter service, so we can arrive at our 10:45 PAT?

I'm unsure of what to do, and I can't seem to find an answer when I search the threads! This is our first cruise. We have a Port Arrival Time of 10:45 and will be coming from WDW. There will be 10 of us, so the cheapest option is chartering a van. I've priced out options, and they come out about the same. The earliest pick-up time for one of these options is 10am. They cannot promise any earlier than this time. I would assume we would get to the port around 11:10? Would we get on the ship later if we chose this option? Or should we choose another charter service, so we can arrive at our 10:45 PAT?
You don't have to be at the port at your arrival time. You can arrive later if you like.

Your window is 10:45 to 11:00 AM and it is about 1 hour drive from WDW resort to Port Canaveral..so you should arrive by the end of your PAT window.
At the least, your Boarding group number (which is based on your PAT) will be either be from 2 to 4 and will not delay you that much at all.
If you decide to price out other options, Park Avenue Limo (Charlie) is a good option.

It's really a "no earlier than" time. You can arrive at anytime after your actual Port Arrival Time.

Your boarding number (which you receive at check in at the port) is tied to your PAT, you'll receive the same number regardless of when you check in. Actual boarding doesn't begin until around 11:15-11:30, so if you arrive around 11, you'll still wait to board.

Most transportation options will not arrive at the port until 11:00, except for DCL transfers. Has to do with paying extra to enter the port area earlier than that.

Our port arrival time was 11:45, and we took a private van from Disneyworld to the port. Our pick up was at 10 and we stopped at a grocery store to buy bottled water and beer, and we still arrived at the port around 11:30. We were having lunch on the boat by 12:30. Between 11:30 and 12:30 we waited in line to check in and get out key to the world cards. We also stood in line and took pictures with Minnie Mouse, and then stood in line to board and take pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts