POR vs Pop after Skyliner complete...

acarsme123

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this question may have been posed already, but we have only stayed at POR for our two DW trips we've taken, but now that Pop is going to be on the Skyliner system, does anyone think that the savings would be worth it over POR? I do enjoy the relaxing boat rides to Disney Springs, especially on arrival day. And I understand the buses to/from POP can be a nightmare, where they're usually not that bad to/from POR even though they can occasionally be standing room only. But the cost savings plus the Skyliner to HS and Epcot sounds intriguing. Just something I'm contemplating for our next time, whenever that might be. Thanks.

Sorry if this question may have been posed already, but we have only stayed at POR for our two DW trips we've taken, but now that Pop is going to be on the Skyliner system, does anyone think that the savings would be worth it over POR?

Even before the Skyliner and with the new room refurbishment, we feel it already is worth it.

I do enjoy the relaxing boat rides to Disney Springs, especially on arrival day. And I understand the buses to/from POP can be a nightmare, where they're usually not that bad to/from POR even though they can occasionally be standing room only.

In our experience having multiple stays at both, we don't feel the buses are any worse at Pop than POR. I definitely would not characterize the bus experience at Pop as a nightmare.

I’d not do Pop over POR, ever. They could have crystal encrusted gondolas.. it Still
Would not be an Option for us.
Simply recalling the, Value Chaos as I call it, nope!
Enjoy ...wherever you decide.

Did POP once and never again. POR was much nicer IMO. Plus, I’d like to make sure all the kinks are worked out with the gondolas before trying them.

I've stayed at both and enjoyed both but POR will always be my 1st option over the Value resorts if price is not a consideration.

I like the theme of POR better, the rooms are slightly bigger and I like having a TS on site. The pool at POR is great for the kids and I enjoy the way the pool bar is set up.

Full disclosure though - I'm afraid of heights so the Skyliner does not come into play for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter