POR standard room request

baldy6060

DIS Veteran
I have a standard room booked at Port Orleans Riverside this summer. Has anybody ever put in a room request there? What are your favorite sections/buildings?

We liked building 85. All rooms a a bit of a hike to the main building/food court, but it was close to a bus stop and the main pool wasn’t too far away.

I liked building 85, Magnolia Bend. I know above poster said it was a hike to main building but I actually didn't feel like it was. The bus stop is right behind the building, bridge to the pool is right there. I requested a corner room and got it, which was nice because it had more windows but that wouldn't have made a difference really since I rarely open the shade. Here is a good web site to check all things POR. https://www.portorleans.org/riverside-info.php

I liked building 85, Magnolia Bend. I know above poster said it was a hike to main building but I actually didn't feel like it was. The bus stop is right behind the building, bridge to the pool is right there. I requested a corner room and got it, which was nice because it had more windows but that wouldn't have made a difference really since I rarely open the shade. Here is a good web site to check all things POR. https://www.portorleans.org/riverside-info.php
Guess I should have specified my husband has back issues so we almost always pay for a preferred room. In comparison almost every standard room will be a hike, but this one wasn’t bad at all. Sounds like two votes for 85!

I have a standard room booked at Port Orleans Riverside this summer. Has anybody ever put in a room request there? What are your favorite sections/buildings?
We had booked a standard view and requested a room close to the main pool with a nice view. We got both requests. :) We were in Magnolia Bend with a sideways view of the quiet pool and a straight ahead view of a grassy area. It was very close to the bridge to Old Man Island and the lobby. :)

Another vote for building 85 in Magnolia Bend. It is SO near a bus stop and a quiet pool AND laundry. For a standard view room, this is a great place to be. It's near a bridge to get to main building and pools as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter