POR Riverside vs Caribbean Beach post Skyliner

MIAMouseketeer

DIS Veteran
I haven't stayed at a moderate in years due to DVC. But out of points for this trip and trying to decide which one would be better. This is for December so pools aren't really important. More about convenience to parks.

If it's convenience I would do CBR if you will do the skyliner.

The new center town and lobby area at CBR looks really nice too, haven't seen it since it was deep in renovation last year. I will say depending on when you go you will have to consider the adjacent hotel construction at CBR but it shouldn't be too loud or terrible if you aren't right next to it.

We've stayed at POR more over the years and prefer it over CBR but if you're looking for better/more transport options I say CBR. Both resorts are similar when it comes to overall amenities and close in size.

Which park is most important to you? There is no Skyliner to the Magic Kingdom and the ride to MK from POR isn't long. As someone who stays at POFQ I never found the bus rides to Epcot or DHS ( who will have the Skyliner) long. If Disney Springs in your plans the boat from POR is better than the bus from any resort.

If it's convenience I would do CBR if you will do the skyliner.

The new center town and lobby area at CBR looks really nice too, haven't seen it since it was deep in renovation last year. I will say depending on when you go you will have to consider the adjacent hotel construction at CBR but it shouldn't be too loud or terrible if you aren't right next to it.

We've stayed at POR more over the years and prefer it over CBR but if you're looking for better/more transport options I say CBR. Both resorts are similar when it comes to overall amenities and close in size.

Which park is most important to you? There is no Skyliner to the Magic Kingdom and the ride to MK from POR isn't long. As someone who stays at POFQ I never found the bus rides to Epcot or DHS ( who will have the Skyliner) long. If Disney Springs in your plans the boat from POR is better than the bus from any resort.

Ended up booking CBR. We got a King Bed Room which we perfer and will bring a travel cot for our toddler. Not having to take the bus to 2 parks is worth it to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter