POR Princess Rooms

sbdis

Earning My Ears
We have two rooms booked at POR River View Princess rooms booked for this July. I see that POR has been updating their rooms. Did this refurbishment include the Princess rooms? What is the condition of the rooms currently? We have not stayed in the Princess rooms before and it looks like they have not changed or been refurbed. Can anyone comment on the condition of these rooms.

Just an FYI, I have stayed in a regular garden view mansion room two years ago for one night before starting my vacation package at another resort. Overall, I liked the room, location and space, but the shower rings for the shower curtain were black with mold. Since I was only there for one night, I did not complain. But, I wouldn't be happy with that situation again.

TIA

Unfortunately, most of the rooms including all of the Royal Rooms have not yet been renovated. Some of the rooms that are actually furthest away from the main building/food court were renovated. All the renovations were supposed to be completed by Fall 2018, but then for some reason they just stopped working on them. My guess is that they were diverted to another area of WDW to do work. I believe all of the buildings at POR did receive the installation of the soap, shampoo and conditioner bottles in the showers. We stayed at POR in the preferred rooms last late July. Personally, yes I do think that they are worn and in need of a renovation. I was not a fan of the shampoo bottles only because they are up so high---out of reach of kids who need them. We actually had to move rooms because there were so many things wrong with the first room we had. Electrical outlets not working, air unit completely broken and repairable, carpet has a big snag/hole in it by the door etc. We are staying at POR again---we really like the resort grounds and the expansive food court. But had I known that the rooms I thought weren't done being renovated before I booked there with free dining, I would have strongly considered staying somewhere else.

The Royal Rooms are actually the most updated rooms (besides some that have been very recently renovated).
The Royal Room I stayed in a couple years ago was great.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Hopefully, the rooms will be in good condition. Since we are staying for a week (usually only stay for 3-5 days), I will let the front desk know if something needs cleaned or repaired after we check in. I really do love the atmosphere/grounds of POR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter