POR pool view?

2kidsForMe

Dreams of being a Guest without a Bag
Hello,
A good friend of mine is going to WDW this summer with her 2 high school girls. They would like to stay at POR. The only category available for her dates and budget are pool view. She is worried about potential noise in evenings or night time. Daytime isn't much of a concern. Are the quiet pools still open 24 hours? We have stayed at POR in the past, but only in a garden view, so I don't know what to tell her. Are the pool view rooms noisy? She is originally from New Orleans, so French Quarter doesn't appeal to her. Thanks!

We had a pool view royal room in April and we had no issues with noise at night.

We book pool view every trip at POR. It is not that loud, until we get there. If you have high school aged girls that like to enjoy quiet time at a pool then do it.

The thing that bothered me during my last stay at PO was that we had a pool view room and the super bright lights shone at the pool all night! I'm sure this is a security thing. Fortunately I was able to use a clothespin to clamp the curtains closed and that pretty much took care of it. The lights were super bright, all night.

I've always avoided pool view rooms because of the same concern. But multiple times we've been "upgraded" to pool view. Once at CSR, once at POFQ, and once at Pop. I can honestly say that I have no complaints about hearing noise in those rooms - such a pleasant surprise!

The pools at POR are not heavily used, except for the main pool, to they are relatively quiet and don't pose a problem at all.

I usually book garden view but was upgraded to pool view once, and was not a problem. Most people are pretty courteous about noise at the pool at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter