POR + Park Hopper .... Transportation

Easto

Mouseketeer
We are staying at POR August 20 (arrival) August 28 (leave)

We have a 6 day Park Hopper as it stands.

We stayed at the Poly August 2016 and being on the Monorail transportation was pretty slick. We left MK mid-day and always went back to cool down and rest.

Staying at POR can I get a brief estimation in regards to transportation:

MK -> POR, POR -> MK = Allot ______ minutes for travel

EP -> POR, POR -> EP = Allot _______ minute for travel

DHS -> POR, POR -> DHS = Allot _______ minute for travel

AK-> POR, POR -> AK = Allot _______ minute for travel

I have this biased impression that the monorail is the greatest thing on earth and being limited to bus transportation will be a Pain.

Can someone give some brief estimates based on being there in August. We have less than 2 weeks before our ADR opens so we are trying to set up a game plan in terms of which parks to attend on which days.

We are staying at POR August 20 (arrival) August 28 (leave)

We have a 6 day Park Hopper as it stands.

We stayed at the Poly August 2016 and being on the Monorail transportation was pretty slick. We left MK mid-day and always went back to cool down and rest.

Staying at POR can I get a brief estimation in regards to transportation:

MK -> POR, POR -> MK = Allot ______ minutes for travel

EP -> POR, POR -> EP = Allot _______ minute for travel

DHS -> POR, POR -> DHS = Allot _______ minute for travel

AK-> POR, POR -> AK = Allot _______ minute for travel

I have this biased impression that the monorail is the greatest thing on earth and being limited to bus transportation will be a Pain.

Can someone give some brief estimates based on being there in August. We have less than 2 weeks before our ADR opens so we are trying to set up a game plan in terms of which parks to attend on which days.

Other than MK, your travel times to/from POR will be shorter to every other destination than Poly.

Going in late August it’s just so hot we found taking some time off was good for a cool down, swim, etc

You will likely get me answers if you ask this question on the Transportation Forum where the experts hang out

We have stayed at POR twice and are staying there for a third time this summer. I haven't stayed on the monorail loop since I was a kid---and the bus ride isn't all that bad. You just need to factor in about an hour of time lost to leave the park, ride back to the hotel, walk back to your room---and then later waiting for the bus, riding the bus and walking back into the park. I think that the time spent can be well worth it to have a break, especially during the high heat of the afternoon. It is good for everyone both physically and mentally. The only time that I didn't love the bus, was late at night the few nights we stayed out late for the fireworks. (Keep in mind that I have two littles---who this year will be 3 and 6). The busses are just packed and often standing room only so trying to navigate a sleeping or cranky and tired kid isn't always super fun at that point in the day.

Keep in mind that while POR isn't one of the biggest moderates---there are four bus stops. Depending on which one you use, you might be the first ones on and the last ones off---or any other combination. We like using the South Depot bus stop by the main lobby/food court. It is the last stop before going to the parks (so the busses can be crowded at that point already) but is the last stop to get dropped off coming back. This stop is probably also the most crowded in my experience compared to the others. I will say though that we rarely ever waited more than 10-15 minutes at the very most for a bus for POR at the resort or at any of the parks. Even when the bus was packed earlier in the morning at the South Depot stop, there was usually another bus for that park almost right behind it. Another bonus is that POR bus stops at the parks are one of the closer resorts from my memory too.

I would love to stay at a monorail resort, especially with young kids, but it isn't in the ideal budget and we really like the food court option at POR, the grounds are nice and we've had a great experience there which keeps us coming back for now.

1 hour travel time:

From park - hotel - room
Room - bus stop - park

Total round trip?

Honestly I would not waste time doing that. I would go to lunch and dinner at a TS in the park you are in. That could be time to rest and recharge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter