This video will be removed around 2:00 PM EST.

POR or POFQ

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! I know many of you have stayed and enjoyed POR/POFQ/Dixie Landings. We have pretty much decided on staying 3 or 4 nights at Port Orleans. Right away, I liked the look of the Mansions exterior. But after looking at lots of internet pics, I like the look of the interiors at FQ better than POR. Here are good things I like at both places from info I got of the internet:

POR:
Mansions exterior
Wide open spaces
Pool
Fishing Pond

FQ:
Room interior
POOL!
It's a little smaller than POR (but would that make it noisier)

So which is it? POR or POFQ?

I started looking at PO when dd was begging to stay at BC/YC because she liked feeding the fish, pool is amazing and the walk to Epcot would be a dream. If I can't get a code or rent DVC points at BC, we won't stay there (S&D is an option for the govt rate). dd announced very sobby the other day that she won't stay anywhere except BC. I had to bring her down to earth and we found PO has the fish thing she likes and FQ has a colourful looking pool.

Your advice about POR and POFQ would be very helpful, thanks! S

Hi Sandra,
We stayed at POR (Dixie Landings at the time) and my sister was at POFQ the same week. The rooms were identical - the decor was the only difference. We stayed in the Bayou section of POR and absolutely loved it. I liked the atmosphere of the Bayou better than the mansions. POFQ didn't do anything for me and I would definitely choose POR for my family.
That being said . . . my sisters preferred POFQ because they have younger children. POR was too spread out for their tastes. They liked the proximity to the food court and the pool. I don't think noise was an issue at all. So - I guess it's really personal preference. With your little ones, you might prefer POFQ.
Oh - and it doesn't matter which one you choose - you can swim in both pools because they're all the same resort.
Hope this helps.
Nancy

hi Sandra,
we stayed at POR 2 years ago in the mansion section. We all loved it- the landscaping is sooo beautiful- it makes it a pleasure to get up in the morning and walk to breakfast or to the bus. I found that it really started our day out with such a sense of peace- it really is wonderful to start out a day to disney that way. We just got back from disney a week ago and stayed off site (we have three kids and wanted to get a suite without breaking the bank). I loved the HIFS but found myself fondly remembering those peaceful mornings at POR. I can't say anything about the pool because it was too cold when we were there and we never even got the chance to use it.

We stayed in at the time Dixie Landings and it was way to quiet and felt more like a place to go when you reach 65 not enough exciting things to do. We loved the pool and the theme of Port Orleans now POFQ it just seemed much more upbeat and alive.

I now wonder if I should switch my plans to FQ instead of RS? I like the interior decor of FQ better (from internet pix I've seen). I love the look of the exterior of the mansions in RS! Since both RS and FQ are so close, I could walk/boat/bike between the two resorts. We absolutely LOVED CBR in 2001. The colours, the music, the feel, the site of Illuminations fireworks EVERYNIGHT while sipping a drink at OPR or in our room or on the beach in a hammick! aaauuughhh, the memories! We liked CSR well enough, but not as much as CBR. We would like to relax a little more during our next trip and PO looks relaxing. Looks like I have lots more thinking to do! THANKS! S

Well you may already have made your decision, but I thought that I would add my two cents. We returned Friday from our most recent visit to WDW. On our last night we decided to visit FQ (we had been before, but not in awhile). We would definatly agree on the proximity point with FQ. It also seemed quieter because it was smaller. Another interesting point that we made to ourselves as we ate dinner, was that the food choices were different in the food court and actually we thought more variety (a little pricer too). At RS there was salad and chicken fingers, typical burgers and fries and pizza and pasta. For the kids they had mac and cheese, chicken fingers, pizza and spaghetti (at 3.49). Over at FQ they and roasted chicken, meatloaf, subs, chicken fingers, quesidella (spelling?), philly steak sandwiches and pizza and pasta. RS seemed to be about the 6 - 8 range but FQ seemed 6 - 10.

We have stayed at RS a few time and think that we will try FQ next time.

Tracey

Hi Sandra. POFQ for sure! We stayed there when dd was almost 2, and loved it. And you can always use the pool over at RS. We found the playground more suited to younger ones at FQ, and loved being so close to the food court. We just got back from 2 weeks at CBR -- dh said he is never going back. I loved the resort, and watching the epcot fireworks, but we had requested Martinique and ended up in Trinidad South instead. Quite a walk, especially for our ds who is almost 3 (he freaked if we suggested taking the stroller to OPR). One night when dh was really tired, I took the kids myself over to FQ for some hot beignets(sp?) and we walked around the resort. It made me remember how much we loved it there, and we will definitely go back to FQ. We talked about RS for the next time, but the hike to the food court there would concern me unless my kids were much, much older (ie. 9 and 12). I think you'll be happy with either!

Mary Liz

HI Sandra:

We have stayed at both resorts and definitely like POFQ much better. We liked the ambiance, the smaller size, the pool and of course the beignets :D . I also liked that we were picked up before the people at RS on the bus (not sure if this is still true), so we always had a seat. When we stayed at RS, we were in the mansions, but found them noisy and our room had a wierd smell. We actually checked out early and checked into the Contemporary for the rest of our stay. Hope this helps.

Hi ~ now I am leaning towards FQ, but I can change my mind any second! LOL! Our next trip will NOT, REPEAT, WILL NOT be a commando trip!!!!! So we want to rest and relax at the resorts. Does PORS/FQ have Surrey bikes. I know they have regular bikes, but with a 4 and 10 year old (by next trip) the Surrey bikes would be best. Thanks! S

dd and i are going back to wdw early dec, and while i am hoping for a great deal on wl, we will probabaly stay at a moderate again. we are thinking of choosing pofq or rs and don't know what to choose either. on my solo trip in may i plan to visit this resort and try to get a feel for where we would enjoy staying most, and hopefully enjoy a boat ride to dd. :D

kathe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter