Popular rides that you're not FastPassing

MK - Peter Pan's Flight - We rope drop and it's always our first ride of the day

Epcot - Soarin' - Rope drop, first ride of the day
Epcot - Test Track - Single rider line

AK - Navi River Journey - Rope Drop

HS - Rock 'n Roller Coaster - Rope Drop

We actually use the opposite strategy...we book it KNOWING it is 50/50 it will go down and turns into an any attraction FP+. :-)

After all these years how did I never know this? I thought you can just come back to the attraction later. Are you saying that if an attraction is down you can go to any other attraction during that window and use a FP+? If so, nice.

After all these years how did I never know this? I thought you can just come back to the attraction later. Are you saying that if an attraction is down you can go to any other attraction during that window and use a FP+? If so, nice.
Basically if an attraction is down or planning to be closed for unforeseen reasons last minute during your FP+ window your FastPass turns into a "Any Attraction" FP+ (there are obviously a couple of rides that are excluded)...you will typically get an email or it will show in MDE...

We park hop and schedule fast passes for the 2nd park. Because we tend to do Epcot as a first park of the day, it's pretty common for us to have a trip where we don't end up with any fast passes for Epcot, so no Soarin', TT, or FEA fast passes. Hitting all of them up at park open is usually pretty easy, especially since we do TT using the single rider line.

Basically if an attraction is down or planning to be closed for unforeseen reasons last minute during your FP+ window your FastPass turns into a "Any Attraction" FP+ (there are obviously a couple of rides that are excluded)...you will typically get an email or it will show in MDE...

There you go, you have taught an old dog a new trick. :thumbsup2

I think there are several categories and a difference between pre-booking and day of in the actual park booking:

1) Don't book because you don't like the ride

2) Don't book because of the tiers but will still go on the ride using Standby

3) Don't book because of tiers but will still go on the ride and use a rolling 4th FP

4) Don't book because the line is short enough (though even then there are some reasons like shorter queue to book a FP even with a shorter line)

5) Another category not thought of lol

For example we wouldn't pre-book RnRC because I won't go on it. Husband will but he'll use Single Rider, FP or Standby to ride it. Eventually we will go through Standby of FOP but we would pre-book FOP because of the wait times.

Haven't pre booked a FP in over a year 7 trips in that time span and yet to find a fp we cant get day of. And we haven't missed rides or stood in a stand by line for anything.

We don't FP Peter Pan. It kills me, but my 71-year old mom loves Tinker Bell so the queue is one of her favorites. The things we do for the people we love, eh? LOL

I haven't seen the new queue (it was closed for refurb when I was last there in 2013) so I am going to have to wait through that line at least once next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter