Pop where to stay?

Ds4angels

DIS Veteran
Last time we stayed at Pop we stayed 50's lake view and loved it. But now DD decided to throw a wrinkle in the plans and asked if we could stay in a different section.:scared: We are staying in a standard room. We'll be driving, so parking lot is kind of important. I really liked lake view, but I'm thinking it's a hike from there to the parking lot. Do we stay in 50's or try a different decade?

Check touring plans room views, it may be able to give you a good idea of what will work for you. My personal preference is first floor 70s preferred when we don't do 1st floor pool view.

We stayed in building 10 right on the corner by the parking lot and really liked that spot. It was a really quick walk to the buses and it’s right next to the parking lot.

50's lake view is my pick but otherwise my second pick would be 90's section
Loved the walk across the parking lot to the buses vs a winding path.

I looked at 70s for the lake view, but it looks like a hike to the parking lot and the pool ? Is any of 60s standard?
Hubby said he didn't want to walk across the parking lot to get to the busses

I looked at 70s for the lake view, but it looks like a hike to the parking lot and the pool ? Is any of 60s standard?

WHY does he not want to walk across the parking lot?
And you said being near the parking lot is actually a priority so why not stay where the parking lot is close and its a quick walk to the main building?
I personally would not recommend the 70's because you'll more likely end up in an area of the section that you're not looking for.
Not sure if any of the 60's is standard since the addition of 2 more room categories.

ETA Actually it looks like part of 60's could still be considered standard.

We were in the 70s building a few weeks ago and thought it was a great spot! It was very convenient to the bus stop and main building as well as the hippy dippy pool. Last time we were much closer to the lake in a different section and it was still great but at the beginning of the day or late at night you can't beat being close to the buses and Everything Pop!

Edited, posted without finishing! We were in the closest section of 70s to the main building - it would be a longer walk if it was closer to the lake of course.

We were in the 70s building a few weeks ago and thought it was a great spot! It was very convenient to the bus stop and main building as well as the hippy dippy pool. Last time we were much closer to the lake in a different section and it was still great but at the beginning of the day or late at night you can't beat being close to the buses and Everything Pop!

Edited, posted without finishing! We were in the closest section of 70s to the main building - it would be a longer walk if it was closer to the lake of course.

I'm guessing you have a preferred room then.
OP has standard.

I’m confused by this also. The parking lot is literally right next to building 10 in the 70s and you mentioned wanting a short walk to the parking lot. You don’t have to actually walk through the parking lot to get to the buses since there is technically a sidewalk right there.

I’m confused by this also. The parking lot is literally right next to building 10 in the 70s and you mentioned wanting a short walk to the parking lot. You don’t have to actually walk through the parking lot to get to the buses since there is technically a sidewalk right there.

The parking lot you're talking about is the 90's parking lot.
The 70's parking lot is night right near the 70's section.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/pop.gif
The parking lot literally (well, actually) next to building 10 is designated as parking for the 90s - buildings 8 and 9. The sidewalk - all sidewalks - allow save passage around the resort without walking through any parking lot. They wind instead of being the straight, shortest route between two points because, well, that's how the resort and its landscaping were designed.

I'll have to look at the map again when I get off work. For some reason it seemed like the parking lot was further? Maybe I read the wrong building number?
I don't think I like the 90s at all, looking at the map. It looks like taking the path to the busses is a bit of a hike
If Disney could just Google map the resort where we could click on the link the little guy and walk through the resort, it would be easier.

I stayed in the 80s last summer and it was great! Right next to the parking lot, and you could walk through the lot to get to the bus stops.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/pop.gif
The parking lot literally (well, actually) next to building 10 is designated as parking for the 90s - buildings 8 and 9. The sidewalk - all sidewalks - allow save passage around the resort without walking through any parking lot. They wind instead of being the straight, shortest route between two points because, well, that's how the resort and its landscaping were designed.
We’ve never taken a car to pop so I just assumed that parking lot was for any of the sections nearby. I didn’t know you had to park in a certain lot. When we had a car at por we were able to park anywhere.

I only brought up the sidewalks because the op said they didn’t want to walk through the parking lot

We’ve never taken a car to pop so I just assumed that parking lot was for any of the sections nearby. I didn’t know you had to park in a certain lot. When we had a car at por we were able to park anywhere.

I only brought up the sidewalks because the op said they didn’t want to walk through the parking lot

You can park wherever you want. When we stay in building 5 which is the 60's, we park in the 90's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter