Pop Warner the last few days of our trip!?

timsueshd

Julie the Cruise Director
I just saw in the calendar that Pop Warner begins on Friday, November 30th this year. Our trip is until December 1st.

Do they start coming in a day early? Will Pop Warner effect our last couple days?

Some may come a few days early. Since these are younger ages (most under age 14) it probably depends on their school calendar how early they come.

Depends on where you are staying. If you are staying at the All-Stars or Pop Century, they will most likely affect your last couple of days. If you are staying at a Deluxe, they most likely won't impact your stay, at least from a resort perspective.

The last time we were there during Pop Warner, we didn't notice any impact to the parks until the evenings. You should be fine during the day.

Have a great trip!!

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I doubt many people will pull their kids out of school much more than they have to the week right after Thanksgiving break.

I've stayed at Pop Century when Pop Warner was there, several times now. It's really no problem. Yes, you'd occasionally get large groups of kids touring the park together, packing into the cafeteria or piling onto the bus, but that's true almost every time of the year now. If it's not Pop, its some band thing, or cheerleaders, or quincinaera (sp?) parties, or tour groups, etc.

Pop kids are mostly occupied with competition during the day, so they don't add to the congestion in the parks. And they're easy enough to avoid.

We found them very polite, the few times we encountered them.

The only problem we had at all was with one of the adult chaperones who, for some inexplicable reason, felt he had to start hollering at some kid at 5am. Never heard a peep from the kid, but my gosh Dad/Coach/whatever was loud, angry and borderline abusive. I don't know what the kid did, but I truly think the adult was the real problem there. He kept going on and on. If we'd been close enough to know which room they were in, I'd have called down to the front desk to send up security.

DITTO no issues! I've been at WDW the same time was Pop at least 7/10 years AND at the same resort and I've never had an issue. As far as the whole pulling kids out of school discussion, the kids DO miss school for PW, when when school lets out has no impact.

I have found the kids to be very polite and well chaperoned.

To truly appreciate Pop, you must visit during the Cheer Summit week for the complete antithesis....

By the way, if you do find a group of kids to be especially pleasant and well behaved, be sure to mention it to one of the chaperones! You'll make their day.

We were staying in a ground floor room at Pop surrounded by a large quinceanera tour group - all these very happy 15 year old girls. Despite that, we heard no screaming outside our window. They tucked into bed by 11pm. A few times, we found ourselves in a bus packed with them, and they were always quite pleasant. So on our last day, my husband stopped one of the chaperones to compliment him on their excellent behaviour. When my husband first started speaking, the man flinched a little as if expecting a complaint. Then he didn't seem to quite believe what he was hearing. And finally he was all relieved smiles and said he'd pass our message on to the girls.

We have been the past 3 years at the end of pop warner week. We have never stayed in the same hotel and honestly never even noticed them in the parks. We are going back the same weekend this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts