• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP vs. ASMo food court noise?

riu girl

DIS Veteran
We have stayed at ASMo and the food court worked out so well for our DD who has some minor noise sensory issues. We were able to sit in the area which had the large movie screen. It was out of the way and defiantely quieter.

Can someone compare the food court at ASMo with the food court at POP? I have read that there is also a large in wall tv set up in the food court (like at ASMo). BUT my question is, is it also out of the way and therefore, a little less hectic/noisy compared to the rest of the food court?

Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Suzy V

Sorry I was only in the food court once so I can't help you with your question but I do have something else to bring to your attention.

The gift shop and food court is all ONE thing. Which IMO only adds to the noise and chaos of the food court. They are seperate but there is no wall or door way between food court and gift shop.

There are doors tho that you can use to get in and out of the food court without going thru the gift shop. It's easy to walk past them and not notice them. I'd suggest you take DD in out that way.

If at all possible take stuff to eat breakfast in the room early mornings in the food court is just totatlly insane. Avoid the food court at park closing as well and your stay will be much more pleasant. It's not just the TV noise it's noise in general in the food court and gift shop.

I can relate a bit to the noise issue my DD was ill for almost 2 yrs and had NO TOLERANCE for noise we learned to live in silence now when I do get out the noise is an issue for me as well lol

Another thing you might try is eating outside by the pool there are tables out there and prolly not so much noise. OR get the food to go and eat in the room.

Then again you could bribe DD and give her a small sticker for making it thru meal times with out letting the noise get to her and then the last day she gets to cash her stickers in on a special surprise. Sounds like at DD's age even a 10.00 surprise would please her. You could easily budget your souvineer money to take care of that special surprise.

Thanks for the info. We won't be at the food court during breakfast or lunch (breakfast in room, lunch at the parks) , so it will be only dinner. We will plan early dinners in order to stay out of the food court at its peak dinner time.
AT ASMo, I found that she loved watching tv during meal times. She seemed to be able to ignore surrounding noise and focus 100% on the tv. I hope that we can find a table by the tv each time we are there. Also, the tv at ASMo was sort of out of the way (less people and noise). She has had noise sensitivities since birth but they have lessened tremendously in the past few years.
Thanks about your hint about getting her a smal gift, but as long as we are able to watch tv ( we don't have cable or satellite at home so not really any tv at home) during meal times, I think she will be ok. I just hope the tv is out of the noisiest part of the food court, like at ASMo.

Suzy V

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter