Pop Up Weddings

Imaluvbug53

Earning My Ears
I've come across a few things on websites I can't remember now about Pop up weddings in the MK. I had read that if you are quick and don't block walkways or cause a scene the cast members will let you be. Has anyone experienced this or done this? Any info?

My fiancé and I want a small quick ceremony with just a handful of people but can't swing the cost of one of the packages Disney offers. We'd have to fund it ourselves and I'm swimming in 8k worth of medical bills from endometrial cancer, which I just was cleared of! yay! We want to get married soon so we can start a family before I have to have a hysterectomy.

From everything I've ever seen/read, pop up weddings are a HUGE no-no, especially in MK. If you tried to do something quick at a hotel or on say a rented pontoon boat or something like that, mayyyybe you could get away with it but it would be a huge risk and they could ban you from property. Which, to me, wouldn't be as big of a deal as feeling embarrassed and feeling like my wedding day was "ruined".

If you definitely can't even afford a memories package, for example, I wouldn't take the risk, but that's just me! Especially if you mention having a handful of people... I feel like that would instantly draw attention and could ruin your day! Good luck though- hope you are able to find something that works for your budget and makes all your dreams come true! :genie::flower1:

It's so great that you're cancer free! As others have stated, I wouldn't risk the chance of having my wedding ruined if Disney decides to enforce their rules in a park. However, people have and you can have a ceremony in a hotel room or on the balcony of said hotel room or on a rented pontoon boat. There are less expensive options near Disney property as well. Then maybe have a day of celebration in the parks with your friends and family? Good luck and congratulations again on being cancer free!

There are much cheaper options you could look into on Disney property, without having to pay the high DFTW prices.

There are several places in Disney Springs that are under $2K, really pretty locations, & you actually get quite a bit for your money! You could do a ceremony in Disney Springs followed by a restaurant reception at Disney Springs or in one of the parks or hotels.

A pop up wedding in a park is a quick way to get trespassed from property. Sure you could do the whole thing with no problem and have the stories you read about online or you could have the story where Disney decides today is the day they will enforce their policies and have your wedding ruined and be banned from property.

You can do a small ceremony in a hotel room with no one stopping you. Outside of that the board policy says we can't directly go against Disney policies and technically weddings in the parks not through Disney Weddings is against the rules.

I have thougt about talking to Dis weddings about popping the wedding on my daughter. WE (both families and fiance about 20 )would all be in on it. She is very stressed about wedding stuff dosent like it at all, so her fiance and I and just our two immediate families and a couple of friends would pull it off. We would all be dressed for a (sit down dinner ahem in AK) and then at twilifgr walk down one of the enchanted path ways in Pandora with the beautiful lighting and music. He kneels right there and asks her to marry on the spot. The cast members whisk her away to get her in the dress etc and the the wedding takes place with just the two families and the genius of dis weddings. Then we all sit down for a beautiful dinner somewhere on property. I wonder how much it would cost?

How would you get a marriage license?

I wondered this too. It would need to be a wedding ceremony and they would have to work out the legalities afterwards. I don't know how I'd feel about a pop up wedding. A part of me would miss the planning, but it sounds like such an exciting and memorable day!

I have seen Disney work with one member of the couple to plan surprise a vow renewal, but in order to have a legal wedding they would need a marriage license. And while they definitely can get one ahead of time via Brevard County, both members of the couple must sign the application in front of a notary in their hometown. So the bride would definitely know something was happening in the next 60 days (the farthest out you can apply for a marriage license by mail).

On the other hand, I have seen numerous non-surprise weddings planned almost entirely by the groom, the bride's mother or another family member when the bride had no interest in wedding planning. Disney makes this very easy.

Ceremonies in Pandora trigger an Event Minimum ranging from $15,000 to $25,000, depending on the day of the week. They must end by 8:30am or start 90 minutes after the park closes. This episode of the Disney Wedding Podcast explains how Disney's wedding pricing works: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/start-planning-your-disney-world-wedding/

I'd also suggest looking at the wedding package at Swan/Dolphin. It's much lower than Disney and you can still have that wedding feel.

Don't you know Disney would love to start charging just to propose in the parks.:rolleyes: Never say never.

They already do at crt
ok, there is an expensive package but it exists

How would you get a marriage license?

I would hope that 3 years later, this little detail has been taken care of. In Florida, both members of the couple have to be at the office to apply. My DH and I also got married in 2017 in FL and had a fun time coordinating our schedules to both be there since he worked nights.

I would hope that 3 years later, this little detail has been taken care of. In Florida, both members of the couple have to be at the office to apply. My DH and I also got married in 2017 in FL and had a fun time coordinating our schedules to both be there since he worked nights.

The post about planning a surprise wedding (which is the one relevant to the question about the licence was posted less than a week ago).

The post about planning a surprise wedding (which is the one relevant to the question about the licence was posted less than a week ago).

She would still have to go to register for the license in advance of the wedding so she would know what’s going on. The notary even asks if you are willingly entering the marriage. No way to hide it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!