Pop up ads on the DIS

Napria

It really *is* the Happiest Place!
Hi all,

We just got a new travel trailer after selling our fifth wheel 2 years ago. I was so excited to come back to the Camping at Fort Wilderness section of the DIS, but I CONSTANTLY get “congratulations Comcast User!” Pop ups redirecting me off the DIS. anyone else get this? Any fixes? No other forums are affected for me ☹️

Hi napria. Long time no hear.

I never get popups on the DIS or anywhere else but I use Chrome as my web browser. Don't know what my settings in Chrome are but I don't have that problem. What web browser do you use?

Bama Ed

PS - congrats on the new trailer.

Last edited:
When they switched to the new format it got better for me for a while. Now they’re back again today. Ugh.

Hi Ed! It’s great to be back! Hopefully the pop ups/redirects will hold off till I can post and read a little here.

2goofycampers, thanks for the link. I added to a 3-page post about this issue. I’m not the only one who’s having a problem with pop up/redirects only on the DIS.

We just came back from 3 days at the Grand Floridan, Club Level, main building, theme park view. We were there to celebrate my daughter’s 21st birthday. It was wonderful and we certainly enjoyed it, but the whole time we were there I kept wishing I would be returning to the Fort at the end of the day. I wasn’t going to say anything to my daughter, but at the end of the trip she said she missed the Fort and felt more comfortable there.

I don't get pop ups at all. I use Chrome on a PC and have no special add or pop up lockers installed.

I started getting them on my phone again yesterday as well- mine are now Verizon related. Incidentally that’s my phone carrier as well....

Not sure why I didn't post this before but if you are getting odd pop ups you should run a Malware scanner like Malwarebytes. Also beware of extra tool bars that helps you search or get coupons.

Ok yea on my phone I'm getting scare pop ups.

As I try to close windows I get redirected to the play store to download some sort of security app. 🤬

Screenshot_20191104-201420_Chrome.jpg

I have the same problem, "Congratulations valued AT&T Customer..." fake message takes over the phone. The Dis is the only website I have a problem with. I downloaded the Brave browser and use it only for Disboards. Problem solved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!