Pop to DHS are you driving?

Ds4angels

DIS Veteran
So it seems like it's quite a hike from the entrance/exit of DSH to the busses and Pop is the very last bus stop. We're also planning on RD that morning, So not sure if we want to take our vehicle for our DHS day? Thinking we'll be parked up close and might not even have to worry about taking the tram to get to the front of the parking lot.
Anyone who stayed at Pop lately have any suggestions on the best option? Really not looking forward to a long, bland walk to the bus after a long day in the park. But I'm sure dh isn't looking forward to dealing w/ traffic once we head back to Pop either.

I stayed at POP a couple months ago and I'm staying there again come this Friday.
I didn't have a car last time and won't this time but even if I did I certainly wouldn't drive to DHS.
The temporary bus stop location was no big deal to me.
It adds a couple minutes at best. And since it won't be as hot as it was a couple months ago I'm betting it will be even more of a breeze.

I am not sure if you will be any closer driving than on the bus, unless you pay for preferred parking. I only drive to a park if I am staying until close, but I haven’t driven to DHS for about a year due to construction.

I was there the end of August, and it was miserably hot. I rode the bus, but it was extremely unpleasant walking back and forth to the buses. I am going back later this month and in January and although the distance will still be unpleasant I believe it will be much more manageable than it was in August.

I wish they would get the gondola up and running as it seemed like the buses were very slow and crowded with so many people going to TSL. There were a few times I had to wait for a second bus due to crowds, and it wasn’t close to park closing time (maybe 3:00 to 4:00 in the afternoon).

I am not sure if you will be any closer driving than on the bus, unless you pay for preferred parking. I only drive to a park if I am staying until close, but I haven’t driven to DHS for about a year due to construction.

I was there the end of August, and it was miserably hot. I rode the bus, but it was extremely unpleasant walking back and forth to the buses. I am going back later this month and in January and although the distance will still be unpleasant I believe it will be much more manageable than it was in August.

I wish they would get the gondola up and running as it seemed like the buses were very slow and crowded with so many people going to TSL. There were a few times I had to wait for a second bus due to crowds, and it wasn’t close to park closing time (maybe 3:00 to 4:00 in the afternoon).
Funny how we have such a different perception when we went around the same time.

We took the bus to HS once in August and drove our car the rest of the time. If you have a car, I'd recommend driving.

Funny how we have such a different perception when we went around the same time.

I don’t handle heat well at all, so by the time I would make it from the bus to the gate, I would have to find someplace indoors to rest and cool down for 30 to 45 minutes before I could start my day. I don’t think the actual distance is much different than the Pop stop at MK, which is also a rough walk for me in hot weather. That’s why three of my four trips are during cooler weather. August/September is the tough one for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter