Pop request?

We always ask for an upper floor as I don't want to hear noise from above us. On our trip two weeks ago we requested top floor, lake view, which we got. It was a very quiet room with a very nice view. Building 3, 50s.

When I had my first stay at Pop 2 years ago, it was in the middle of renovations. I really wanted the 80s section, partly because I was born then and partly because those had been completed and had coffee makers! (All rooms should have the coffee makers now.) I was in the Walkkman
building that year and Roger Rabbit building last year.

I'm considering asking for a lake view 60s room in January, but haven't decided for sure yet. I checked and they seem to have a better selection of online requests this time than last year. 60s section and lake view is actually what I originally considered requesting 2 years ago, but ended up getting a better deal on a pool view room than standard.

I did call the reservation line. After much begging I finally got reservations to call Pop directly. (This was Sequoia.)
She assured me that when my name is put in the computer, all of the needs that I have come up also. How I wish that was true!
The next day - I received an email from Ingrid stating the same information. I was told not to worry and that all needs were covered!

The Special Needs line failed to do their job - or Pop just did not care.
Breathing, height seizure issues, mobility needs were all thrown aside. They had a large group coming. I could have a different room each night. Wow - lucky me! Pop definitely was wrong in this case. Sadly, we had to return home. We never had that relaxing vacation before my second cancer surgery. We drove back to PA feeling confused as to WHY this all happened.

Sadly, we had to return home.
If you go again and run into issues, please post here immediately. Maybe we can help you and Disney save your vacation. The only suggestion I have at the moment is, if you have something in writing, bring it with you. Any other advice would depend on the situation.

Regrettable that you read my matter-oct response rudely. Have to admit, I'm confuesd. Did it really upset you so much that it was necessary to chastise me twice?

Okay, I get that you don't want to spend your vacation at the Front Desk, or conversing with the Call Center. But your neighbors were violating their [room rental] contract with Disney, or a!most any other hotel*, and were subject to both a fine and possible eviction.

* Except some rooms in Las Vegas
That is exactly right. Our daughter was very sick- spent the weekend in the hotel room on meds after being hospitalized. The two elderly ladies in the room adjoining ours smoked heavily every morning, in the mid-afternoon, and from around 9pm onward. It smelled as though they were smoking in our room! We rolled up towels to place a the bottom of the adjoining door, but it didn't really help. We called guest services several times. The ladies were warned by security, (we could here it from our room), but it didn't stop them. After two nights of this, the resort manager called us at 3am to say that the ladies were being fined, but he couldn't move them. He offered to move us, but my daughter was too sick to be moved. I reminded him that we weren't the ones breaking rules or affecting another room's stay, but he said there was nothing he could do. Now we ask for non-adjoining rooms.

That is exactly right. Our daughter was very sick- spent the weekend in the hotel room on meds after being hospitalized. The two elderly ladies in the room adjoining ours smoked heavily every morning, in the mid-afternoon, and from around 9pm onward. It smelled as though they were smoking in our room! We rolled up towels to place a the bottom of the adjoining door, but it didn't really help. We called guest services several times. The ladies were warned by security, (we could here it from our room), but it didn't stop them. After two nights of this, the resort manager called us at 3am to say that the ladies were being fined, but he couldn't move them. He offered to move us, but my daughter was too sick to be moved. I reminded him that we weren't the ones breaking rules or affecting another room's stay, but he said there was nothing he could do. Now we ask for non-adjoining rooms.

You need to request “non-connecting” rooms.

It seems the same to us, but in travel industry speak, there is a difference. Unless a room is a stand-alone cabin, it will have adjoining rooms - that just means next to, across the hall, or diagonally across from another room. The term for a room with a door between it and another room is connecting.

IOW, all connecting rooms are adjoining, but not all adjoining rooms are connecting.

If you want to make your request (again, only requests - not guarantees) to not have a door between rooms, you need to use “Non-connecting” in the wording.

Good point! Thanks for sharing that

You’re welcome! I used to work in a hotel and while in reservations we would always try to ascertain what the guest meant, inevitably people (often convention guests who had to mail or fax in reservation cards) would request the wrong thing and then get mad when they got their request because it was “not what they requested” - really not what they meant.

I like to request a high floor and an area that has a good chance of being quiet. I don't like to be near where they drive those little laundry carts around. We aren't typically early risers and those things are noisy.

We just got back from our first stay at Pop. I wanted a lake view so I could see the gondolas. I also wanted to be somewhat close to the generation gap bridge so we could walk over to AoA easily. We were in the 50's section in building 3. It was a lake view, so, no noise from the pool to deal with. I was happy with the location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!