Pop request?

it's kelly

DIS Veteran
I’m going to be checking in online this weekend. I don’t have any specific requests so I’m curious, what’s most important to you and what do you request for?

It truly doesn't matter what's important to anyone else. We're not you. Forgetting that its Disney - what matters to you in a hotel stay?

requests aren't mandatory. If you don't have any, you just don't choose any.

We have stayed at the Pop 2 years in a row and we wanted top floor close to Classic Hall in 2018. We got building 1, very close to Classic Hall. This Summer we wanted top floor with lake view (to see the Skyliner testing) and we got building 3, top floor, and lake view so that was great. 076.JPG

It truly doesn't matter what's important to anyone else. We're not you. Forgetting that its Disney - what matters to you in a hotel stay?

I’m very well aware of that , it was just a question out of curiosity. The one and only thing that matters to me is it’s clean.

Also, I know a request isn’t mandatory. I just wanted to read what was important to others.

Your rudeness wasn’t necessary but thank you anyway.

I’m very well aware of that , it was just a question out of curiosity. The one and only thing that matters to me is it’s clean.

Also, I know a request isn’t mandatory. I just wanted to read what was important to others.

For the first time ever - Pop disappointed me on our vacation in July.
I need - not want - NEED a first floor room due to a medical issue.
I have written confirmation from someone named Ingrid, and I received phone confirmation from someone named Sequoia that it was all set for first floor handicapped room, and not to worry.

When we got to Pop - they had my room ON THE SECOND FLOOR!

They did not give a care about me. I became ill during our stay (cancer and stress), and we had to leave 6 days earlier than planned.

I am still questioning WHY Pop did not try to help me. I don’t know if I can ever go to Pop again. I used to love it there!

For the first time ever - Pop disappointed me on our vacation in July.
I need - not want - NEED a first floor room due to a medical issue.
I have written confirmation from someone named Ingrid, and I received phone confirmation from someone named Sequoia that it was all set for first floor handicapped room, and not to worry.

When we got to Pop - they had my room ON THE SECOND FLOOR!

They did not give a care about me. I became ill during our stay (cancer and stress), and we had to leave 6 days earlier than planned.

I am still questioning WHY Pop did not try to help me. I don’t know if I can ever go to Pop again. I used to love it there!

First off, I am so sorry to hear about your cancer battle.

I am so sorry Pop did not live up to their promise and were not accommodating. That’s awful to hear. I wasn’t really planning to stay in Pop, we were actually going to stay off property, but that fell through (other party cancelled on us). It’s going to be a quick, weekend trip and we won’t be at the resort much.

I hope you wrote an email regarding your experience on your last trip. I hope your next trip is wonderful and I wish you well and a speedy recovery!

Thank You, It’s Kelly!!! I will be writing an email to Guest Services, but have not done so yet due to cancer surgery. You are such a positive person. Thanks for caring!

I have not stayed at POP, but I've looked at the map & considered staying there. You didn't happen to say what type of room you've reserved, but if it were me, I'd want bldg 4 or 5 ground floor (I'm hyper sensitive to transportation only & not much else). So, I'm half way between bus & skyliner. If I had my own car I'd request bldg 10, nearest parking & buses. I'd want a non-pool view & first floor first, then third floor.

I like to look at allears.net for room numbering system at each resort. Then I'll request a range of rooms, like 10120-10158, this will tell them things like bldg 10, 1st floor, back side away from parking lot

We request a non-conneting room. We've been stuck with chain smokers and super loud guests (late at night) in adjoining rooms on some past visits. Even though you can call the front desk for help, it's not a pleasant way to spend a vacation. The solid wall helps to reduce noise and smoke!

IMHO @kaytieeldr was not rude. She answered yourquestion in a manner you didn’t like

Last edited:
If you want to make a specific request, you'll need to call the reservation line. The online check-in request page only allows you to select some random "common" requests that may not pertain to the room type or resort you've booked.

No matter where I stay I always request early check in. I don't care about the view, especially in the value and moderate resorts and don't care how far my room is from anything or how high up but we tend to arrive around 1 pm and I like my room to be ready.

Regrettable that you read my matter-of-fact response rudely. Have to admit, I'm confuesd. Did it really upset you so much that it was necessary to chastise me twice?
We request a non-conneting room. We've been stuck with chain smokers
Okay, I get that you don't want to spend your vacation at the Front Desk, or conversing with the Call Center. But your neighbors were violating their [room rental] contract with Disney, or a!most any other hotel*, and were subject to both a fine and possible eviction.

* Except some rooms in Las Vegas

I’m going to be checking in online this weekend. I don’t have any specific requests so I’m curious, what’s most important to you and what do you request for?
Most important to me is upper floor. I request the 50's building.

Will this be your first stay at POP?

Regrettable that you read my matter-of-fact response rudely. Have to admit, I'm confuesd. Did it really upset you so much that it was necessary to chastise me twice?

Okay, I get that you don't want to spend your vacation at the Front Desk, or conversing with the Call Center. But your neighbors were violating their [room rental] contract with Disney, or a!most any other hotel*, and were subject to both a fine and possible eviction.

* Except some rooms in Las Vegas

Not at all. The double reply was simply a mistake. I actually looked to delete one, couldn’t find out how.

Reminding (again) that personal arguments are not permitted here. If you feel that someone’s post has violated a board rule, report it and let the moderators deal with it. Otherwise, in the immortal words of Elsa, let it go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!