POP-ping Our Way to a Fab 4th!..and Yes, There are Changes, Post #3

ugadog99

<font color=blue>Has been waiting patiently for a
Hi All!
This is certainly not our first trip to the House of Mouse, but it is our first ever trip report. Cast of characters:
Me...46 year old mom hitting about my 40th trip
DD...19 celebrating her 17th WDW trip and her 20th birthday (a Jonas fanatic, BTW)

Plans: Pop Century July 2-7
OKW July 7-10

This trip is a different one for us. First: no younger DD (while we should be sad, we are really :cool1::cool1:) Oh don't get upset, she gets to go to England and Scotland with her drama group in August. Now, why we would be :yay: about her not going? Well, she is a typical 16 year old teenage girl who can ruin a great moment in a matter of milliseconds. So...this should be a drama free trip! :dance3:

Now, because DD staying at home is going to Europe, I am broke. :eek: Which means, this must be a budget style trip. (Again, another reason we're glad younger DD isn't going, because her money sense gives me :headache:.)Normally, we only bookend our trips with a value and usually stay deluxe or DVC, but since Scotland is taking all our money, it's Pop for us! :hippie: Actually, we are looking forward to the new rehabbed rooms anyway. Since it's just the two of us, it's not that big of a deal.

We did manage to find some last minute points for rent at OKW for our last 3 nights. We've never been to OKW, but decided to give it a whirl for the last three nights. :beach:

This trip, for the first time, we will have DD's laptop, so this will turn to a LIVE trip report! Control the thunderous applause, please! :woohoo: We will attempt to keep this an interesting and informative report with a little laughter thrown in for fun. I am extremely sarcastic, and sometimes that doesn't come across so great when typing....but I'll try.

The Cast:

Me...
2s7dun9.jpg

DD...
ddnkfc.jpg

Up next: our hotter than hot plans! No...we aren't hott..but the days will be! :earseek:

The Plan:
Tickets: 8 day base We did the GAD program and will be upgrading to 8 day base tickets. We have found it is way too hot for us to hop in summer.

July 2: Up at the crack of dawn for a 7 hour roadtrip :drive:
Check in to Pop
Capt Cook's
MK
July 3: Sleep in and swim
Dinner-Plaza
MK for Celebrate America fireworks, MSEP, and EMH!! pixiedust:
July 4: Sleep in and swim
Lunch-Beaches-n-Cream or ESPN
Epcot for VOL, American Adventures, and EMH until 1:00AM!! :banana:
July 5: Rest day (hey, I'm old and it IS vacation :cloud9:)
Meals: House of Blues, Sweet Tomatoes or Giordano's
May hit AK for EMH :butterfly
July 6: DHS day
Lunch Sci Fi :car:
Resort break
Fantasmic :smickey:
July 7: EMH AK :simba:
Move to OKW
Lunch-Kona
Poly for EWP and fireworks :tink:
July 8: Epcot day
Lunch-Chefs de France :artist:
Resort break
Dinner-Boston Lobster Feast :confused3
EMH Epcot :figment:
July 9: MK day
Lunch-Raglan Road
Resort break
MK EMH :dumbo:
July 10: Breakfast at Olivia's
DTD for last minute shopping :earsgirl:
Head back to hot and oh so boring GA :rolleyes:
BUT...then we start our planning for Christmas!! :santa:

A Jammin' Update..

July 5 change:
Since DD :lovestruc Jammin Jungle Parade and since grumpy at home DD hates AK in summer :confused3, I decided we should hit AK late on the 5th for Jammin' Jungle. It's been FOREVER since we've seen it (reference to grumpy at home DD), so this should be fun...but hot!

Then, we'll go to Boston Lobster Feast and use our coupon and back to AK for EMH.

The past year was rough for all of us but particularly for DD at college (think real life Mean Girls :scared1:), so I want this trip to be "hers."

She loves AK but her sister..not so much. So...why not fill it with AK while we can. :simba:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter