Pop or movies!?

Next_disney_princess

Mouseketeer
We have stayed at movies 5 or 6 times but will be going to Disney next October and I'm trying to decide on if we should maybe try a new resort. My daughter really loves the decor at movies but I think she would like pop based on photos I've seen (BTW she's 7) we always do preferred room at movies and would at pop too.... I'd like to get yalls opinions on which you like and why. Thanks!

Pop Century has dedicated shuttles to/from the parks.
The All Star Hotels share shuttles so you may have multiple stops.

The Disney Skyliner Transportation System may be running during your trip next October.
It connects Pop Century, Art of Animation and the Caribbean Beach Resort with Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Last edited:
I haven’t been to Movies, but I can comment on Pop since we just stayed there a few weeks ago for the first time. The giant toys etc. are really fun and the resort is pretty compact and walkable. The new rooms were very nice, with tons of storage, awesome rainfall shower, and the most comfortable beds and pillows!

Negatives were that the rooms were sooo loud! Walls are paper thin, could hear everything, even our neighbors using the bathroom, flushing toilets, running faucet, (and fighting, eek!). We were in a quieter area, 60s standard upper floor, lake view, but it was still loud, so I would avoid booking a preferred as they are by the pool and probably louder. The food court was terrible - we usually stay at Art of Animation, and their food is so much better. Finally, the bus situation was really rough for Magic Kingdom - I have never seen a line that filled the entire corral and then snaked all the way to the very last bus stop!

I’m interested in trying Movies since they have renovated rooms now too. But for next trip, my husband insists we go back to Art of Animation. Do you find Movies to be loud? I only have Pop and the mermaid rooms at AoA to compare to...

Thank you for the replies! I will have to consider the new lift at pop, I hadn't even thought of that.

As far as movies go we have never once had issues with sound from other rooms. But I've heard some people have. We really like movies, I was just thinking of trying something different because we always stay in the same place.

With those two choices, I'm always going with Pop. I just like the atmosphere at that resort better.

I like both, but generally prefer Pop. We like the bridge to AoA, the unshared bus, the lake and the new gondolas should be a fun way to go to Epcot and DHS. Pop has a fun atmosphere with a nostalgia that appeals to DH and me. The newly renovated rooms may be a positive or negative depending on your families perspective and requirements. We preferred the two bed layout from before and liked the sound absorbing carpet. Even so, we wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.

Our children now have littles of their own, but we see many families at Pop that seem to be enjoying their stay.

As I love to try all the WDW resorts, my vote would be to experience Pop this time.

Enjoy whichever one you choose

Our family, especially our DDs like ASMO much more than POP. They rather see the Disney movie icons instead of the, as my DD once said "old folks stuff". But, with that said, I always suggest trying new resorts. Like babsy, we are also not big fans of the pull down bed and new floors, but that is the way WDW is going so "it is what it is":) Have you shown your DD pics of POP, to get her thoughts?

I was under the impression that Movies rarely if ever shares buses anymore? Anybody shared a bus there recently?

I stayed a few times at movies, the buses are rarely shared except in the mid day when very few people are going or coming back... also last bus or 2 at the end of night for the stragglers.
As far as it taking longer..I've also stayed at POR which has a few stops with a lot more people all the time ..much worse!
As always the worse bus service is always MK for either AS's or POP..more people more problems....

I was under the impression that Movies rarely if ever shares buses anymore?

It's always been that way. They've very rarely shared. And when they do it's during the slow part of the day which actually helps you get where you're going faster. It's a myth that gets constantly propagated here on the DIS.

Anybody shared a bus there recently?

We had friends there for a week during Thanksgiving and never shared a single bus.

Just came back from a few days at Pop and the worst was leaving magic kingdom both nights. The last night we saw the line was the same and decided to book a Minnie Van. Well worth it at that time of night, it pulled up as we walked back around from Pop bus stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter