Pop or Coronado this December

tanyali26

Mouseketeer
Hi all! Need some advice. So we are planning another last minute trip for this December 17th thru the 21st. Through a travel agent Coronado is priced the same Pop would be. I have never stayed at Coronado before, but at CSR, POP, ASMO, and recently Animal Kingdom. Carribean beach was my first on property stay 3 years ago and after stays at the other properties my pros to the moderate was the room slept 5 and the pool. Other then that I really enjoyed my pop stay and how easy to get to the food court and bus. Also Bus service at the values seemed excellent at POP, so so at ASMO. After staying at Animal Kingdom I swore I would only do Value or Deluxe Because of how everything is located. That being said I can't afford Deluxe this trip. (we were just there in July for 11 nights) It will be myself ,dh, dd 12, and my 1 year old. I would love POP but concerned on space and beds this time around. Yes I could hope for a renovated room, but know that is not a guarantee, then I am torn with Coronado. How bad is the construction? Will I be walking a lot at the resort just for drinks? How is the service there? I was not happy at CB but never disappointed at the other resorts. Any input appreciated. Also we will be doing Christmas party, one day of Epcot, and perhaps a day or two of water parks depending on weather. So it won't be a real commando trip.

If it is the same price, I'd go with CSR. As far as walking, personally I don't think any of the rooms are too far from the pool and food court. There are bus stops located throughout the resort so there is never a long walk to any of them. We were there in August and didn't even notice the construction sounds though you could, of course, see the construction walls. I'd suggest you go over to the CSR board under resorts, I think there might be some pictures posted and certainly discussion as far as construction happenings.

I have the exact same concerns. We are booked at Pop for Dec 2-7 for our family of 4. I know I would not be happy with one of the non-renovated rooms and am thinking of making the change to CSR. So tag!

I'm a big fan of both Pop and CSR. I didn't like CBR either. Since it's the same price, I would also go with CSR. I haven't been since there since February when the construction was just getting going, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there even with the construction. I know several families that have stayed recently and haven't been bothered by it. None of the main amenities are affected. They have a very nice pool, the food court is good (and MUCH less crowded than Pop's) and we have had the best bus service there than at any other resort. Our favorite building is Casitas 4 because it's not too far from the food court and it's at bus stop 2 which is the first to be picked up and dropped off - it hasn't been renovated yet though.

I'm a big fan of both Pop and CSR. I didn't like CBR either. Since it's the same price, I would also go with CSR. I haven't been since there since February when the construction was just getting going, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there even with the construction. I know several families that have stayed recently and haven't been bothered by it. None of the main amenities are affected. They have a very nice pool, the food court is good (and MUCH less crowded than Pop's) and we have had the best bus service there than at any other resort. Our favorite building is Casitas 4 because it's not too far from the food court and it's at bus stop 2 which is the first to be picked up and dropped off - it hasn't been renovated yet though.
Would a renovated room matter that much? Meaning Pops and CBR rooms seemed more dated prior to their renovations. But current rooms don't seem to dated but are they worn is it noticable?

Hi all! Need some advice. So we are planning another last minute trip for this December 17th thru the 21st. Through a travel agent Coronado is priced the same Pop would be.

I have never stayed at Coronado before, but at CSR, POP, ASMO, and recently Animal Kingdom. Carribean beach was my first on property stay 3 years ago and after stays at the other properties my pros to the moderate was the room slept 5 and the pool. Other then that I really enjoyed my pop stay and how easy to get to the food court and bus. Also Bus service at the values seemed excellent at POP, so so at ASMO. After staying at Animal Kingdom I swore I would only do Value or Deluxe Because of how everything is located. That being said I can't afford Deluxe this trip. (we were just there in July for 11 nights) It will be myself ,dh, dd 12, and my 1 year old. I would love POP but concerned on space and beds this time around. Yes I could hope for a renovated room, but know that is not a guarantee, then I am torn with Coronado. How bad is the construction? Will I be walking a lot at the resort just for drinks? How is the service there? I was not happy at CB but never disappointed at the other resorts. Any input appreciated. Also we will be doing Christmas party, one day of Epcot, and perhaps a day or two of water parks depending on weather. So it won't be a real commando trip.

Needed nothing past the bold. Love them both, but for about same price I would be at CSR.

Would a renovated room matter that much? Meaning Pops and CBR rooms seemed more dated prior to their renovations. But current rooms don't seem to dated but are they worn is it noticable?

Not to me, I prefer the look of the older rooms honestly. It's been about 1.5 years since I've stayed in an older room, I don't recall it being particularly worn. The bathrooms are pretty dated but as long as it's clean I don't care. When we went in February we were put in one of the new model rooms in Casitas 5, and while I like that it's all sparkly and new, I don't care for the decor or lack of color.

CSR would be my choice over POP if the price is the same. We have stayed in Casitas and Ranchos. Ranchos is pretty close to the pool, but I found it easier to drive from there to the main building in the morning for coffee. From Casitas you are an equal distance from pool and main building. Both are no more of a walk than a walk from a building at the farthest points at POP. Bus stops are located along the entire perimeter so you are never really far from a stop. I like the bus stops at CSR better than the long outdoor lines at POP. The pool at CSR is much better than POP and it is alot less crowded. Landscaping is really nice as well with less concrete and a bit more nature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!