Pop or CBR??

Ryan5067

Earning My Ears
Hi, we currently have POP booked for a week in early september with free dining. 2 kids 12 and 10. Was thinking about switching to CBR for about $400 more for the week. Is CBR worth the extra $400? Is the main pool at CBR under refurb or will it be open in september? Thanks for any help

POP was wonderful when we went at the beginning of the year. I wouldn't switch, especially since you have the free dining. We usually stay at DVC villas and we found POP to be one our new favorite places we would gladly stay again.

POP is wonderful since the refurbs. And if you don't mind the walk to AOA, two food courts to use your free dining on.

Most of the rooms at Pop have been refurbished. They are just starting on the CBR rooms. Keep what you have. Like you, I was going back and forth between the two resorts. When I called to make my reservation, at Pop, I said something to the CM that i was talking to about whether or not I should switch to CBR. I've always wanted to stay. She said "I wouldn't. I would stay with Pop. The rooms are just starting refurb and they will be doing construction on the DVC portion of CBR for a while."

I just switched from Pop to CBR. Not sure if it was a good move or not but we added a day and got to keep our free dining. The other reason we switched was the room size. With 4 adults and a wheel chair I didn't think the Pop rooms at 218 square feet with 2 queen beds would be very comfortable. CBR rooms have 2 queen beds but are 340 square feet. I have always been hesitant about CBR because it is so big. Our favorite Mod is French Quarter. We don't plan on spending much time at the resort so I am hoping the vastness isn't a big problem.

Most of the rooms at Pop have been refurbished. They are just starting on the CBR rooms. Keep what you have. Like you, I was going back and forth between the two resorts. When I called to make my reservation, at Pop, I said something to the CM that i was talking to about whether or not I should switch to CBR. I've always wanted to stay. She said "I wouldn't. I would stay with Pop. The rooms are just starting refurb and they will be doing construction on the DVC portion of CBR for a while."

All rooms at CBR were completely refurbished over a year ago. No room refurbishment currently going on at CBR.

I just switched from Pop to CBR. Not sure if it was a good move or not but we added a day and got to keep our free dining. The other reason we switched was the room size. With 4 adults and a wheel chair I didn't think the Pop rooms at 218 square feet with 2 queen beds would be very comfortable. CBR rooms have 2 queen beds but are 340 square feet. I have always been hesitant about CBR because it is so big. Our favorite Mod is French Quarter. We don't plan on spending much time at the resort so I am hoping the vastness isn't a big problem.

Pop rooms are 260 square feet and CBR rooms are 314 square feet, so yes, CBR rooms are bigger but not as big as you might think.

I hope you have put in a request for a ground floor room. CBR doesn't have any elevators.

Actually the rooms at CBR are 344 sq ft. The other moderates are all 314.
I do remember reading in the past that the CBR rooms were slightly larger then the other moderates. But when I googled the Pop room size, I was surprised to see CBR room sizes listed between 300 - 314 sq. ft.

I do remember reading in the past that the CBR rooms were slightly larger then the other moderates. But when I googled the Pop room size, I was surprised to see CBR room sizes listed between 300 - 314 sq. ft.

I know. They're all wrong. I've seen the blue prints during the last room refurb and they are definitely 344. There was a pretty big "fight" here on the DIS like 7-8 years ago between a large number of POR fans and a lone CBR fan about this. So much so that a POR fan booked one night at CBR to be proven right but had to admit they were wrong after actually measuring the room.

I know. They're all wrong. I've seen the blue prints during the last room refurb and they are definitely 344. There was a pretty big "fight" here on the DIS like 7-8 years ago between a large number of POR fans and a lone CBR fan about this. So much so that a POR fan booked one night at CBR to be proven right but had to admit they were wrong after actually measuring the room.

:rotfl:

Were you the lone CBR fan? :rolleyes:

All rooms at CBR were completely refurbished over a year ago. No room refurbishment currently going on at CBR.
Oops. Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I had heard they were just starting. Did they put flooring in the refurb rooms at CBR or did they put carpet back in?

Oops. Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I had heard they were just starting. Did they put flooring in the refurb rooms at CBR or did they put carpet back in?

Carpet. They started the vinyl floor craze after CBRs refurb was completed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter