Pop in early June or WL in mid July

TexasTSL

Mouseketeer
I have a choice of a trip in early June at Pop or mid to late July at Wilderness Lodge. WL would be about 1000 more, which is okay with me. My concern is weather and crowds. It will be myself, DH, DS8 two nephews, 8 and ten and my morher, 72. My mother will be using a scooter, and I am worried about July crowds and heat for her. The boys won't care where we are as ling as we're at Disney. My mother loves the WL theme, and so does my DH. and WL would probably be more concenient to the parks. What do you think?

It really depends upon if weather or crowds are the bigger concern, IMO. It will obviously be hotter in July. But recently crowds have been lighter during the hotter months, as far as I can tell reading on these boards. Also, how important is the resort? The WL is a gorgeous deluxe resort. POP is great but it is a value resort = Smaller rooms, exterior walkways, no balcony, only QS dining. WL has a boat to the MK, which is very nice, but is no more convenient to any other parks than POP.
FWIW:
Despite all the positives for staying in WL, for me I would stay in POP in early June (or better yet, if possible, earlier) out of your two options. Heat is my nemesis. SO, we only travel to WDW from Nov to March. Nothing matters as much as avoiding the heat to me. I would check out the expected temperatures for early June vs July and have a talk with Mom about how comfortable she would be in the heat.

What are the most important factors in making a trip to WDW work for YOU and YOUR FAMILY?

Hope that you have an awesome trip whenever you choose to go!

I have a choice of a trip in early June at Pop or mid to late July at Wilderness Lodge. WL would be about 1000 more, which is okay with me. My concern is weather and crowds. It will be myself, DH, DS8 two nephews, 8 and ten and my morher, 72. My mother will be using a scooter, and I am worried about July crowds and heat for her. The boys won't care where we are as ling as we're at Disney. My mother loves the WL theme, and so does my DH. and WL would probably be more concenient to the parks. What do you think?
Mid-July has been having only moderate crowds for the past few years. It won't be that much hotter in July than June: they'll both be hot. I would definitely prefer to take my mother to Wilderness Lodge than Pop Century.

Weather will be an issue: heat and rain. Plan outdoor rides for the morning, when it is least likely to rain. Wear shoes that you won't mind getting wet. Avoid wearing denim. Bring ponchos & a mini-umbrella. I use a UV umbrella that blocks sunlight in the summer afternoons.

I would choose WL for the indoor corridors and boat to MK. Everything is under one roof and you can go to the restaurants without getting wet from the summer rains.

I haven't stayed at WL, but honestly did not love my trip to Pop in April. I found it pretty crowded and I wonder if it wouldn't be even more so in June when all the kids are right out of school??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter