POP Century vs Moderate

Hi! We booked POR for July with the Free Dining package and I remember it was about $700 more than POP since that was the first resort we considered before POR but maybe the numbers have changed - we booked last week when Free Dining was still available.

Not sure of the exact nights but 8 nights from 8-11 to 8-19 and sticking with standard views comes out to $2479 vs $3579 using the Sun&Fun package rate 7 days in park, no hopper, no dining.

I had a similar delima (1st world problem) about our trip. It’s $700 more for us to stay at POR.

$700. I can do so much with $700. Pop it is for us on this trip! Everyone I’ve talked to has said I won’t regret sticking with POP.

We loved Pop our first family stay in 2014. Since then we've tried out ASSp, ASMo, CSR & AKL. We're headed back to Pop in August and cannot wait! The theming was great, we watched fireworks from our room, the pool activities were so fun and lively (as others have stated), and the staff was awesome! I don't think your kiddos will be bored!

I would say, after the newest refurb, Pop Century (at least the rooms) are nicer than some of the Moderate hotels (Coronado Springs not withstanding). The only negative about Pop Century is, at the end of the day at the theme parks, the buses are slammed, but you can use all the money you saved on an Uber or Minnie Van. Personally, I feel Pop Century has a better food courts than the moderates, and they can handle a morning breakfast rush a lot better. Your kids should just be happy they're going to Disney World, let alone staying on-site.

But is is an extra 1800$ to basically have a slide at the pool.

That's not particularly accurate. The rooms at Disney's Moderate Resorts are quite a big larger than Value Resorts. If you've not stayed at a Value Resort before, make sure you do some research on their size. They are compact.

Ive never been anywhere where you cant hear all that..Unless you are staying in a hotel built in the 40's...

That's rather disturbing. I've stayed in many hotels where I never heard any noise from my neighbors.

Can you hear your neighbors through the walls of your room ?
Crying babies ?
Flushing toilets ?
Thanks
I heard all of these things, plus little kids banging on our door at Pop. This put me off Values, but it was also 10 years ago, so maybe things have improved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter