Pop Century Room Renovations

I can't stay at the values anymore because of this...the beds are SO hard.

Hope these beds are better than the old ones.

Sounds painful. If you oook back through posts in earlier pages you will see a picture of the pillow top matteesses prior to the room being opened. I don't know if this type of mattress will work for you but it will give you a better idea of what they're like.

I'm so super happy - I have a ticker again! Yep, I'm booked for 2/3-2/10, hoping to disco down to the 70s again, and trusting those rooms will all be refurbed. (Honestly, my optimistic guess is that they will have just finished the 60s by then.)

I actually chose Pluto for my ticker slider this year in honor of his place in the new decor.

If you click on someone else's ticker I think it may take you to the website that made theirs. If not, most have tiny letters on them displaying the name of the website where they made it.

You can add the code it creates to your signature.

How do you get a ticker?

I use DIStickers.com - from the menu on the left, choose Vacation Countdown and it will take you through a few easy steps to create your ticker, then you copy and paste the code it gives you into your signature.

I can never remember from year to year what format to use (it gives you 4 options to copy/paste) but it's the 2nd one (Pseudo HTML I think).

Just out of curiosity, where will they be hiding? I wonder if the lack of carpet and openness under the bed will make bed bugs hide elsewhere. And yes, the thought of bed bugs freak me out and I put way too much thought into them.
Soft goods. Mattress, curtains...

I was very much in the "hospital room" camp when this started, but the new rooms have grown on me as we've seen finished pics and videos. I would still make decor changes, but I'm now in the phase of "it's not that bad." Of course that's mostly the handheld shower and big screen tv talking. But no seriously I really have warmed up to it (and think the vanity area is a big improvement).

I was very much in the "hospital room" camp when this started, but the new rooms have grown on me as we've seen finished pics and videos. I would still make decor changes, but I'm now in the phase of "it's not that bad." Of course that's mostly the handheld shower and big screen tv talking. But no seriously I really have warmed up to it (and think the vanity area is a big improvement).

I agree.
I was never really in the "Hospital Room" camp but I did think the rooms were lacking colour and very bland.

Then I saw a side by side comparison of the "old" rooms vs the updated look. Those rooms were really bland too! The only real Pop (pun intended) of colour was the blue accent wall. At least now we have Mickey and Pluto to Disney up the room AND add some colour.

I will say I wish the bed runner had made the final product cut.

Last edited:
I agree.
I was never really in the "Hospital Room" camp but I did think the rooms were lacking colour and very bland.

Then I saw a side by side comparison of the "old" rooms vs the updated look. Those rooms were really bland too! The only real Pop (pun intended) of colour was the blue accent wall. At least now we have Mickey and Pluto to Disney up the room AND add some colour.

I will say I wish the bed runner had made the final product cut.

Yeah, the bed runner would have been a welcome touch. I'm starting to think I would paint the whole barn door the orange-red color and put some Pluto awake art on the "wall" of the upright bed over the table.

Ok folks.

I'm a member of a few FB groups (KTP being one of them) and I keep seeing reports that the Murphy is a full size bed, not a queen.

Now it makes no difference to me either way (actually, truth be told I'd rather it was a Full so it'll take up a little less floor space) but I think it's important to get a solid answer for those who are counting on both beds being queen.

Anyone have The Final Word?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter