Pop Century Room Renovations

Thanks for the info ......
Great timing for us as we arrive in a week!
We were hoping that all the room renovations would be done for our trip when we booked our POP reservations (2 rooms) , with a bounceback offer in March !
Last time we visited POP was in March when the Bowling pin pool was being refurbed and in chaos !
Glad to hear all the rooms are done !
About the food court ........we didnt find it bad in March ? At least the option of walking over to AOA food court is still available (hope the bridge is still open!) .

Never having stayed at a value before our last trip, I wasn’t expecting much- but really loved Pop!
And enjoyed the food court also.... it’s just veeeerrry loud in there. But the food options were pretty varied and surprisingly good. I would for sure stay there again!

Thanks for the info ......
Great timing for us as we arrive in a week!
We were hoping that all the room renovations would be done for our trip when we booked our POP reservations (2 rooms) , with a bounceback offer in March !
Last time we visited POP was in March when the Bowling pin pool was being refurbed and in chaos !
Glad to hear all the rooms are done !
About the food court ........we didnt find it bad in March ? At least the option of walking over to AOA food court is still available (hope the bridge is still open!) .
You’re right, there isn’t anything wrong with the food court, I’d just call it ‘dated’ in comparison to sone of the newer food courts. Nothing wrong with it though. :)

Yes, the bridge is still open and personally I don’t ever see them closing it. If they’ve been able to do as much of the building as they have with only half closed, I’m sure they can finish it that way.

Speaking of the Skyliner, I looked Tuesday and it’s coming along well! The portion with the wheels that will move the cars through the station are there and partially up! Will post pics from home soon.

Since I can't seem to figure out how to work the search function, I will ask this question because I am too lazy to read through 300 pages.

Is there room in the renovated rooms to bring a scooter in to charge for the night?

Does it severely impact the flow of the room if you yo so?

Thanks everyone!

Since I can't seem to figure out how to work the search function, I will ask this question because I am too lazy to read through 300 pages.

Is there room in the renovated rooms to bring a scooter in to charge for the night?

Does it severely impact the flow of the room if you yo so?

Thanks everyone!

Yes, there is space for an ECV. There are some pictures earlier in the thread, I'll try to find them.

With both beds open, there is not a lot of space for walking anyway, but the ECV shouldn't particularly impede movement. But an ECV can fit between the table/bed and the window, between the coffee/fridge stand and the dresser, or in the space that would be the connecting door (either in front of that door or in that space if there is no door).

Enjoy your vacation!

Yes, there is space for an ECV. There are some pictures earlier in the thread, I'll try to find them.

With both beds open, there is not a lot of space for walking anyway, but the ECV shouldn't particularly impede movement. But an ECV can fit between the table/bed and the window, between the coffee/fridge stand and the dresser, or in the space that would be the connecting door (either in front of that door or in that space if there is no door).

Enjoy your vacation!

OK, a different thread, but I did find a picture of an ECV by the window. There are other pics floating around as well, including one that had 2 or even 3 ECVs in one room.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ntury-rooms-seems-hard.3659697/#post-58766114

Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you so much!! I appreciate it!

On a side note, I just got a pang of nostalgia seeing that first picture, as I can remember having that green luggage set (my parents did) growing up.

OK, a different thread, but I did find a picture of an ECV by the window. There are other pics floating around as well, including one that had 2 or even 3 ECVs in one room.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ntury-rooms-seems-hard.3659697/#post-58766114

Enjoy your vacation!
Just a note that the linked room is not a standard room. Possibly it is an accessible room? We just left yesterday and the layout in the pics above is not the traditional layout. Normally there is space between the coffee/fridge bar and the dresser. Also, the space beside the dresser holds the 2 chairs with a little extra space but not near the amount of space shown. A scooter should still fit in between the refurbished rooms by the windows and I’m guessing possibly beside the dresser by I am not positive.

Also, the head of the beds in a standard layout room is in the same wall as the door. In the pictures they’re on the opposite wall. The closet in the picture is also outside of the bathroom area which leads me to believe it’s a room with roll-in shower.

Last edited:
Just a note that the linked room is not a standard room. Possibly it is an accessible room? We just left yesterday and the layout in the pics above is not the traditional layout. Normally there is space between the coffee/fridge bar and the dresser. Also, the space beside the dresser holds the 2 chairs with a little extra space but not near the amount of space shown. A scooter should still fit in between the refurbished rooms by the windows and I’m guessing possibly beside the dresser by I am not positive.

Also, the head of the beds in a standard layout room is in the same wall as the door. In the pictures they’re on the opposite wall. The closet in the picture is also outside of the bathroom area which leads me to believe it’s a room with roll-in shower.

Thanks. It was the pictures of the ECV by the window with the bed in both the up and down positions that I was focused on. That space should be the same regardless of room-type.

Thanks. It was the pictures of the ECV by the window with the bed in both the up and down positions that I was focused on. That space should be the same regardless of room-type.
You’re quite right. I just wanted to let them know as I was concerned they might want to put it different places in the room.

Except that in the above room the door is bumped out and in a standard room the door would be angled in. A bumped out door would give some additional space for the ECV.

Additional 'space' = approximately 1.5 square feet. Bump is about six inches, door width 36". 36*6= 218, 218/144=1.55. Designed for easier/more direct access to the room. Extra 'space' being at the door precludes it from being safely used for anything except room access.

Additional 'space' = approximately 1.5 square feet. Bump is about six inches, door width 36". 36*6= 218, 218/144=1.55. Designed for easier/more direct access to the room. Extra 'space' being at the door precludes it from being safely used for anything except room access.

Are those rooms (disabled) also slightly wider than standard rooms to allow space for wheelchairs to navigate/park inside the room? I also think the beds are spaced differently as well but I could be wrong. I do recall seeing a thread with an ECV being parked against the window in a standard room too though.

*** SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!! ***

We are here now and I can officially announce that ALL Pop rooms are now refurbished and open to guests!!!

17 1/2 months from start to finish and may I say I think they did a great job!!

Hopefully the food court will be their next big refurb here. While it won’t be fun to live through, after visiting a couple of resorts this trip with newer food courts, Pop’s is in need of an updating for sure!

Thanks to all who have followed this thread, added information, asked questions and more. It’s been great to be amongst others whose home away from home is Pop Century!!

(Post #2 will be updated shortly.)

Is there anything more than speculation that they might do the food court? I want to say I remember that we discussed that it was a pretty decent rumor last summer or fall. We were waiting until the rooms were done. And now that this has finally happened...
In my kids eyes Pop would be “practically perfect in every way” if they added coke freestyle machines.

Does anyone know if they no longer offer alarm clocks when you request one from housekeeping? I heard that someone recently tried to get one at POP, and housekeeping said they're no longer available. I wondered if other people have had the same experience. TIA!

Is there anything more than speculation that they might do the food court? I want to say I remember that we discussed that it was a pretty decent rumor last summer or fall. We were waiting until the rooms were done. And now that this has finally happened...
In my kids eyes Pop would be “practically perfect in every way” if they added coke freestyle machines.
Personally I don’t ever remember an official announcement that the Pop food court would be refurbished. I think many were/are hoping it might happen but I’ve never heard an official announcement. Has anyone else?

No. No structural changes were made. All rooms are exactly the same width, length, and height.
No structure changes to the basic rectangular unit. The beds are lower. There is more space between the beds. The beds are on the opposite side of the room. There is no furniture at the foot of the Murphy bed. The tv console/dresser, the mini fridge coffee cabinet and the closet all abut where the door would be in a standard connecting room. The door bumps out at the entrance. So in effect you are left with a wheelchair path from the door to and into the bathroom and when both beds are down you have access to either bed from the middle. This was from a friend’s trip/pics. Don’t know about the king room setup.

Anyone know if all the King rooms are HA ?
We would like a King, but dont need one (and dont want to request one if they are all HA, incase someone else needs it) .
Are there any pictures of any refurbed King rooms around ? Dont think I have seen ANY ???

Arriving in 5 days , if anybody needs updates on anything .......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter