Pop Century Room Renovations

Nope. Better chance of getting assigned to (completely reopened) buildings 7/8/9. Same number of standard pool view rooms as the 50s, which should be down a building in April - so, possibly 50% more SPV rooms in the more recent decades.
This is very encouraging! I forget they could still get a lot done between now and end of April... at least taking a building down.

The chances are probably good by mid-August barring any unforeseen slow downs. I would guess by then they'll be working on Buildings 1 and/or 2.

Thanks! Judging by the layout of the resort i thought that building 3 would be the starting point for the 50s, fingers crossed!

I have a standard room reservation for 3/15. 4 nights. All i want is a refurbished room and location is not important. Should I just call in a request for "refurbished room" or do I have to specify a location. Thanks.

My family and I are going June 2-10, 2018. I have a standard view room. We like the 50's section building 1. Does any one know if this building will be available with the new referb or should I request the 60s? Also, are they doing a referb on the food court also? Haven't stayed there since Feb. of last year and not sure what they are doing. Thanks for all your help.

I read somewhere that Pop may be letting people go straight to room on check in rather than front desk if you have your magic bands already... is there truth to this and if so, when does the room release to you? Check in is in 2 hours and we are an hour away. . Wondering if we will find out our room in advance??

They have not started any of the 3 50s buildings yet. They are currently on both the 60s. You will be more than safe picking 60s for June but not sure how fast/slow the 50s will go. June sounds like quite a stretch for building 1.
My family and I are going June 2-10, 2018. I have a standard view room. We like the 50's section building 1. Does any one know if this building will be available with the new referb or should I request the 60s? Also, are they doing a referb on the food court also? Haven't stayed there since Feb. of last year and not sure what they are doing. Thanks for all your help.

I would watch this thread and keep an eye on post 2 for updates.

I read somewhere that Pop may be letting people go straight to room on check in rather than front desk if you have your magic bands already... is there truth to this and if so, when does the room release to you? Check in is in 2 hours and we are an hour away. . Wondering if we will find out our room in advance??

Did you do online checkin? And enter an email address or phone number they can text to? If you didn’t then you’ll have to go to the front desk. If you did, and your room is ready, you’ll get an email or text message. If it’s not ready yet, you can go to the front desk or just wait to hear from them.

Thanks! Judging by the layout of the resort i thought that building 3 would be the starting point for the 50s, fingers crossed!
Yes, building 3 should be next but as far as we know 2/3 of Building 4 is still open, pre-refurbishment so that will need to be closed and mostly refurbished before they will likely begin Building 3. I would guess they will start building 3 sometime in April or May then it normally takes 2 1/2 - 3 months to complete the refurbishment.

I have a standard room reservation for 3/15. 4 nights. All i want is a refurbished room and location is not important. Should I just call in a request for "refurbished room" or do I have to specify a location. Thanks.
Yes.

Building 1 will not be refurbished by that time and quite likely will still be open in a pre-refurbished state. Occasionally we hear a rumor floated around that the food court will be refurbished but I don't believe anything official has been announced so at this time I would say no, the food court is not scheduled to be refurbished.

You should receive either an email or a text when your room is ready. When we checked in last month I did not receive my email until 4:00 so it's not unusual for you not to have the information yet. If you still have not received it by the time you arrive you should go to the front desk as normal.

Last edited:
Heading down in August, will Pop remodeling be completely done??
Most likely not. It took them over 10 months to complete the first half of the resort and they didn't start the 60's until mid-December (and much of that building is still closed) so I'm guessing it will be September/October before all of the refurbishments are complete.

Most likely not. It took them over 10 months to complete the first half of the resort and they didn't start the 60's until mid-December (and much of that building is still closed) so I'm guessing it will be September/October before all of the refurbishments are complete.
I have a preferred pool view room reserved do now I am curious to know where I will be.

You’re right, that’s my favourite section too! :) If you’re going in August I would hold off right now and make your request closer to your travel date. If the majority of the resort is complete by then (which is my guess) then I would request 60’s plus top floor. If for some reason there is a delay i would probably only request 60’s.

We went for a walk when we were there earlier this month and I realized how tired our favourite section was looking compared to the new parts. Looking forward to returning up our favourite section next trip after its refurbishment is complete! :)

Your answer makes a lot of sense - thanks!

I have a preferred pool view room reserved do now I am curious to know where I will be.
Sorry, that part was not mentioned in your first question.

No, the refurbishments will not be complete but the PPV rooms in the 60's section will be completed in August. You will most likely be in the 60's section although there is a teeny, tiny chance you will be in a non-refurbished 50's PPV room but I'd be surprised if that happened!

Sorry, that part was not mentioned in your first question.

No, the refurbishments will not be complete but the PPV rooms in the 60's section will be completed in August. You will most likely be in the 60's section although there is a teeny, tiny chance you will be in a non-refurbished 50's PPV room but I'd be surprised if that happened!

I thought there were only Preferred Pool View rooms in the 60's....and that 50's has Preferred View (general) and Standard Pool View but no Preferred Pool View.

1. Yes Yes Yes
2. Yes Kinda

From EASYWDW

refurbished_pop_century_room-2.jpg

refurbished_pop_century_room-11.jpg

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/review-refurbished-pop-century-room/

Thank you!

I thought there were only Preferred Pool View rooms in the 60's....and that 50's has Preferred View (general) and Standard Pool View but no Preferred Pool View.
That is correct the map on page one highlights each category

That's my understanding as well.

Ah, that is where the confusion is coming in. The 60's section (Buildings 4 and 5) are made up of a combination of Preferred Pool View Rooms, Preferred Rooms and Standard Rooms. I have only ever stayed in a standard room. This map shows where each room type is found throughout the resort. The legend for the map is at the top. Hope this helps clarify my answers.

pop-map-jpg.281536

In the past these buildings (4 and 5) were preferred rooms but that changed a number of years ago. My preference is Building 4, lake view...and they're standard rooms to boot even though I get to look at the beautiful lake and see the fireworks! Bonus!!

We have a large group heading to Disney in 2 weeks. We had 3 rooms booked at Pop - 2 were preferred pool view and the other was a standard room. We received a call from guest relations on Wednesday (Feb 21st) and were told because of an "inventory discrepancy" our preferred pools rooms were unavailable for our stay. We booked these rooms in Sept 2017. I'm still totally in shock but the CM upgraded us to 3 rooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah Views!!!! OMG!!!!! We have wanted to stay here for years and never though it would be possible for us because of the prices. *Possible Relevant Info* Our rooms were booked for a total of 8 nights and 2 of the rooms had the Disney Dining Package on them. These rooms were also booked under the military package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!