Pop Century Room Renovations

So we arrive in 6 days and I haven't seen anything about the bowling pin pool being closed. I have my fingers crossed that they decide to keep it open during our stay. I'm also wondering about Pirates of the Caribbean because that is supposed to close as well, but hasn't yet.

So we arrive in 6 days and I haven't seen anything about the bowling pin pool being closed. I have my fingers crossed that they decide to keep it open during our stay. I'm also wondering about Pirates of the Caribbean because that is supposed to close as well, but hasn't yet.
I believe Pirates closes on the 26th.

What's the best way to request a refurbished room? Also, I book preferred room, thinking of changing to Standard, but I want to stay in 60's, any advice appreciated.

Seeing as we're asking about requesting a room...

I'd also like to be in the 60's section. I have a Standard Room booked. I'll be there in August.

Should I ask for "60's Section" or the building numbers "Building 4 or 5"?

Also, I'd like to be on the top floor. Should I stick with just the one (60's section) request?

@scrappinginontario I know you like this section :) what do you normally put on your request?

Seeing as we're asking about requesting a room...

I'd also like to be in the 60's section. I have a Standard Room booked. I'll be there in August.

Should I ask for "60's Section" or the building numbers "Building 4 or 5"?

Also, I'd like to be on the top floor. Should I stick with just the one (60's section) request?

@scrappinginontario I know you like this section :) what do you normally put on your request?
You’re right, that’s my favourite section too! :) If you’re going in August I would hold off right now and make your request closer to your travel date. If the majority of the resort is complete by then (which is my guess) then I would request 60’s plus top floor. If for some reason there is a delay i would probably only request 60’s.

We went for a walk when we were there earlier this month and I realized how tired our favourite section was looking compared to the new parts. Looking forward to returning up our favourite section next trip after its refurbishment is complete! :)

Bowling Pin pool is schedule to be closed from February 26th to May 6th, and as someone else already said Pirates of the Caribbean is closed from February 26th to March 18th.

Bowling Pin pool is schedule to be closed from February 26th to May 6th, and as someone else already said Pirates of the Caribbean is closed from February 26th to March 18th.
Wow they’re both closing the day before we get there. That’s a bummer.

We will be there 3/25, so in about 30 days. Isn't building 5 completed?
We've been told that Building 5 is partially completed and open but are waiting for confirmation on what area(s) are open. Specifically wondering if the Preferred Pool View rooms have been reopened.

Looking at the map in post 2, my best GUESS is that in 30 days, 1/2 of the preferred rooms will be refurbished and open (70's section plus Building 5 in the 60's), 1/4 will be closed for refurbishment (Building 4 in the 60's) and 1/4 will be open and not yet refurbished (Buildings 1 and 3 in the 50's). IF this is the case and you have a Preferred room booked, you will have approx a 66% chance of getting a refurbished room but a higher percentage if you request both the 60's and 70's sections. If you narrow your request to only the 60's section then I believe you open yourself up to the potential of being put in the 50's non-refurbished area.

I guess in the end it depends on whether location or refurbished room is your higher priority. Changing your request to a Standard room opens you up to a greater chance of getting a refurbished room but also means you could be placed further away from Classic Hall.

Just my .02

Thanks! That's weird that different people see different things. You can see by the pic that none of that information is showing up on my screen. Weird!!

Sorry @Kbmas0n! Error in my display.

It may be just an issue between me and you! This happened before when I was quoting last week (i think). For some reason your screen doesn't like me! :sad1:

I have 2 standard rooms booked for 2 weeks in the middle of August. What are the chances that building 3 will be done? Would love to request something around 3330 & 3331.

I have 2 standard rooms booked for 2 weeks in the middle of August. What are the chances that building 3 will be done? Would love to request something around 3330 & 3331.
The chances are probably good by mid-August barring any unforeseen slow downs. I would guess by then they'll be working on Buildings 1 and/or 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!