Pop Century Room Renovations

I apologize in advance if my question has been asked a million times. I looked through a few pages but I am hoping someone will take a moment to answer. What sections have been renovated? 90’s, 80’s and finishing 70’s? Does anyone know a projected completion date for all sections? I have convinced my family to consider the POP now that there are queen beds. We have stayed in 2bedroom condos at Bonnet Creek the past few trips and have become used to the extra space and kids having their own beds/bedroom. Hoping to get 2connecting renovated rooms.

Page 1, post 2 lists all refurbishment information. That’s the best place to look.

As for estimated completion dates, nobody really knows. What we do know is that it has taken 10 months to complete the first half of the renovations.

I requested a room in the 70’s building, I have standard view booked. Is all of the 70’s refurbished? I picked room 413 on TP. If anyone knows the refurbished status in this area, let me know. Thank you.

Just checked in, room was ready by 1pm. Went to front desk even though I did online check in. Got a renovated room, building 9, 80s section, 4th floor. I had asked for 70s/80s and higher floor. Not the best view but that's fine. Opted out of mousekeeping, was told I will receive a $50 GC via email. I asked about replenishment of towels/toiletries and trash removal, was told to call the front desk for anything and everything, they do not stop by for anything unless requested.

I specifically asked about the buses, and she said they start running approx 45 min before the park opens. I said how does that work for rope drop goers, and she said it is very hard to make rope drop using resort transportation. She said some buses run for PPO ADRs, but they were infrequent. Disappointing if true, guess we'll be ubering or lyfting a few mornings. I had read on these boards that buses start running around 6:30am, so I don't know if there has been a change in protocol.

Only stopped in the room for a few minutes, but it looks awesome.

Just checked in, room was ready by 1pm. Went to front desk even though I did online check in. Got a renovated room, building 9, 80s section, 4th floor. I had asked for 70s/80s and higher floor. Not the best view but that's fine. Opted out of mousekeeping, was told I will receive a $50 GC via email. I asked about replenishment of towels/toiletries and trash removal, was told to call the front desk for anything and everything, they do not stop by for anything unless requested.

I specifically asked about the buses, and she said they start running approx 45 min before the park opens. I said how does that work for rope drop goers, and she said it is very hard to make rope drop using resort transportation. She said some buses run for PPO ADRs, but they were infrequent. Disappointing if true, guess we'll be ubering or lyfting a few mornings. I had read on these boards that buses start running around 6:30am, so I don't know if there has been a change in protocol.

Only stopped in the room for a few minutes, but it looks awesome.

I would ask another CM about the buses. In the last 15 years that we've been going to Disney on a regular basis, we've never had a problem getting a bus more than 1 hour before park opening. We are usually at the bus stop at least an hour and fifteen minutes before park opening. It has been my experience that they absolutely start running by about 6:30 a.m. They may be less frequent at that hour of the morning, but they're running. I think if that time changed, there would be numerous posts about it. I know I've read trip reports in the last few days about people lining up at AK more than an hour before park opening in order to ride FOP standby. I don't think they were all taking Uber/Lyft/Minnie Vans. I think you just got a misinformed CM. Or that's just what they're told to say.

Bus we caught to rope drop DHS on November 26 arrived at 7:50 for a 9 AM open. They usually start running 90 minutes before because people have pre park open ADRs.

We’ll be staying at POP in a couple of weeks. We’ve never stayed there before and I have no idea what section has what. Can anyone suggest what we should put for a room request? We booked a preferred room and we’d love a renovated room, but even more important to that is a quiet area, close to food.

No change. They were just wrong.

Now that we're home, here's my thoughts on the renovated rooms. We were in Building 10, room 413. This was my third stay at Pop.

The new rooms are designed for solo travelers, two adults sharing a bed or a young couple with a baby that sleeps in a pack n play. They are not ideal if you have to have the murphy bed down. I honestly couldn't imagine staying there for a week plus with four people. Yikes. I cracked my knee on the wood bed frame two minutes after we got in the room. I moved the mattress down to the bottom of the bedframe and didn't hit it again, but I then had a 6 inch gap at the head of the bed. Having under the bed open was nice to store my suitcase.

The cubbies are nice, though not deep enough to even fit a magazine by the bedside ones. I'd rather have the original closet size back instead of a useless ironing board. Sink area is roomy with lots of counter space. Barn door is noisy when closing and the barn doors afford zero privacy in the bathroom. You can hear everything, from your own room and your neighbors on all sides. I never could figure out the rhyme and reason to the bathroom fan. It would run while I was standing at the sink, but not while I was in the shower. :confused3 Speaking of the shower, when all the rooms are done, there will be no tubs at Pop. Not family friendly. The shower is nice, but there is no ledge to put a leg up on for shaving and the tiny little shelf they have for toiletries is inadequate.

I mentioned before the floor in our room was already showing wear around the bathroom threshold. That doesn't bode well for how long things are going to hold up to wear and tear. None of the outlets under the TV worked. The food court is looking tired and worn. We ate there twice and the food was definitely meh. We threw most of it away. Bus service was fine, housekeeping was lacking.

To sum up, unless I was a solo traveler looking for a cheap trip, I wouldn't stay here again.

If they are eliminating the King/double at Pop (at the website is alluding) will there be no accessible family rooms anymore?

They must continue to provide something that sleeps 4 adults. They can’t remove that option entirely.

What makes me anxious is I haven't yet heard of anyone staying in an accessible refurbed room and the first ones were supposed to have opened 4 months ago.

I’ve been watching for such reports, and we’ve had questions on the disABILITIES Forum. But so far I haven’t seen any reports (on the DIS or elsewhere) on the accessible rooms with the refurb.

Enjoy your vacation!

Now that we're home, here's my thoughts on the renovated rooms. We were in Building 10, room 413. This was my third stay at Pop.

The new rooms are designed for solo travelers, two adults sharing a bed or a young couple with a baby that sleeps in a pack n play. They are not ideal if you have to have the murphy bed down. I honestly couldn't imagine staying there for a week plus with four people. Yikes. I cracked my knee on the wood bed frame two minutes after we got in the room. I moved the mattress down to the bottom of the bedframe and didn't hit it again, but I then had a 6 inch gap at the head of the bed. Having under the bed open was nice to store my suitcase.

The cubbies are nice, though not deep enough to even fit a magazine by the bedside ones. I'd rather have the original closet size back instead of a useless ironing board. Sink area is roomy with lots of counter space. Barn door is noisy when closing and the barn doors afford zero privacy in the bathroom. You can hear everything, from your own room and your neighbors on all sides. I never could figure out the rhyme and reason to the bathroom fan. It would run while I was standing at the sink, but not while I was in the shower. :confused3 Speaking of the shower, when all the rooms are done, there will be no tubs at Pop. Not family friendly. The shower is nice, but there is no ledge to put a leg up on for shaving and the tiny little shelf they have for toiletries is inadequate.

I mentioned before the floor in our room was already showing wear around the bathroom threshold. That doesn't bode well for how long things are going to hold up to wear and tear. None of the outlets under the TV worked. The food court is looking tired and worn. We ate there twice and the food was definitely meh. We threw most of it away. Bus service was fine, housekeeping was lacking.

To sum up, unless I was a solo traveler looking for a cheap trip, I wouldn't stay here again.

There are refurbished rooms with tubs. I've seen videos and pictures and read trip reports where people have had tubs. Not all the rooms have tubs, but there are some. Not sure how/if people can request a room with a tub.

Thanks for the detailed review. I’m looking forward to making my own review after we stay. We will have 4 people so I’m interested to see how that will go.

There are refurbished rooms with tubs. I've seen videos and pictures and read trip reports where people have had tubs. Not all the rooms have tubs, but there are some. Not sure how/if people can request a room with a tub.
Hmmm. Interesting. Thanks.

I have a question about room requests on MDE. It won't let me save my requests unless I enter a hotel PIN and payment method. Is that a typical thing or a glitch?

:confused3 Speaking of the shower, when all the rooms are done, there will be no tubs at Pop. Not family friendly. The shower is nice, but there is no ledge to put a leg up on for shaving and the tiny little shelf they have for toiletries is inadequate.

Have had a renovated room, three times now, and every time we had a tub ... when I wanted a shower. Maybe it would do them good to add that to the request list.

I have a question about room requests on MDE. It won't let me save my requests unless I enter a hotel PIN and payment method. Is that a typical thing or a glitch?

Just thinking out loud .... someone correct me if wrong .... the room requests are located in the online check-in section? The only way to do online check-in is to add a credit card because they will charge your room the morning of arrival ... allowing them to send you a room number.

Do you not have a pin for your magic band yet?

If you aren't putting a CC on your account or have the dining plan .............. do you still need a PIN?

Just wanted to chime in and give my review of the renovated rooms. My party stayed just one night in two rooms in the 90s section before moving to BLT. The renovated rooms blew me away, and I preferred them to the rooms at BLT. The beds were super comfy (especially the murphey bed). The room was small, but had plenty of storage. I loved the hard surface flooring (feels much cleaner than carpet) and the outlets everywhere! I charged all my devices at once. LOVED IT! We had two rooms and one had a bathtub, but the other one only had a shower. I didn't find the rooms noisy at all and couldn't hear the people in the next room or above (I could hear the parking lot noise and people walking outside though. I would request a higher floor next time). Overall, I loved the room more than the rooms at any other resort. I've stayed at CSR, GF, AKL, and BLT, so Pop was my first value. I'll definitely return.

Do you not have a pin for your magic band yet?

I'm in Canada so I don't have our bands yet. If that matters.

Just thinking out loud .... someone correct me if wrong .... the room requests are located in the online check-in section? The only way to do online check-in is to add a credit card because they will charge your room the morning of arrival ... allowing them to send you a room number.

Oh, yes. That is the online check in that section. I didn't want to bypass the check-in desk at the hotel, so I can't fill out that section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter