Pop Century Room Renovations

Two more questions, sorry. 1.Not sure of our arrival time so I put 1:00 pm, will that be to early and lower our chances of a refurb room? 2. Why does it change my requests around? I put 80's section as number one request and highest floor for number two. It keeps switching them.

Two more questions, sorry. 1.Not sure of our arrival time so I put 1:00 pm, will that be to early and lower our chances of a refurb room? 2. Why does it change my requests around? I put 80's section as number one request and highest floor for number two. It keeps switching them.
Mine wouldn’t even save both choices. It would only save one of the two that I put in. We won’t be able to check in until around 6:30pm so hopefully we still have a chance at a refurbished room.

When I called she said she just added 70s and high floor to my reservation. Now that I think about it I think I forgot to say refurbished room. Oops! Oh well I said 70s and requested two rooms hopefully that’s enough. I requested a room in 70s on 4th floor facing the lake too!
I think it's the best spot! So quiet but still really close to the main building.

So, you've already found a way to combat the daily room entrance and check procedure. Just call in with some maintenance request, hang the sign up, and leave! LOL....

Well, not quite. According to the front desk, they just got the new signs a couple days ago and they are still working on procedures. I was told that housekeeping could come in anytime, even when the sign was up, but anyone else like maintenance could not. Of course, that has probably changed today to something else. I asked about it when I was passing through on my way to dinner.

I think they wanted me in the room because they didn’t ask how the safe was broken, so they didn’t want to be responsible for valuables. But it was broken in the open position so no valuables could be stored inside until it was fixed. I doubt I would need to be in the room for most maintenance issues, so that plan wouldn’t work.

The woman who came to work on the safe and I had a good laugh about how the sign intended to let her know I was here so she could do the work actually prevented her from doing the work . . .

Just returned from a 12 hour day at the parks. Beds are made, we have 5 hand towels and every towel bar is empty in the bathroom. This is getting irritating now. I called disney services (because there is no longer a housekeeping button on phone) and they should be on their way up.

Just returned from a 12 hour day at the parks. Beds are made, we have 5 hand towels and every towel bar is empty in the bathroom. This is getting irritating now. I called disney services (because there is no longer a housekeeping button on phone) and they should be on their way up.

:tink:They must think you are very very tiny people, fairy like!

I've done online check in with my requests, it's also listed on my reservations when I booked. Would it be overkill to do a request though Touring plans? ( I already have a subscription with them).
I like to use the TP to request a specific room. In our case there is just my dd and I so I choose a room that is not a connecting room to cut down on noise. So far with 3 TP faxes I have always been within 2 rooms either way if my requested room and always in the same floor. My experience has been that they do pay good attebtion to TP faxes.

I need to create mine soon but am going to wait for @SaintsManiac’s update to see what things look like for the 70’s lake view rooms.

I like to use the TP to request a specific room. In our case there is just my dd and I so I choose a room that is not a connecting room to cut down on noise. So far with 3 TP faxes I have always been within 2 rooms either way if my requested room and always in the same floor. My experience has been that they do pay good attebtion to TP faxes.

I need to create mine soon but am going to wait for @SaintsManiac’s update to see what things look like for the 70’s lake view rooms.
I'm glad to hear you've had good luck with TP as I'm using them for the first time this trip. I know there are no guarantees but I'm hopeful the TP fax request will help!

I'm glad to hear you've had good luck with TP as I'm using them for the first time this trip. I know there are no guarantees but I'm hopeful the TP fax request will help!

I just remembered something else too. I'm sure they compare both online/requested with Disney resorts to Touring Plan requests. 2 years ago I had some conflicting information between the 2 requests (what floor I wanted) and received a call from Disney a few days before our trip to ask which priorities were more important. I haven't heard of this happening lately but possibly it still does.

I just remembered something else too. I'm sure they compare both online/requested with Disney resorts to Touring Plan requests. 2 years ago I had some conflicting information between the 2 requests (what floor I wanted) and received a call from Disney a few days before our trip to ask which priorities were more important. I haven't heard of this happening lately but possibly it still does.
I actually read that on here somewhere to make sure they match so I made sure that my TP requests and my online requests are the same. Top floor, and 70s section. On the TP one I added refurbished room and non-connecting. The particular room I selected has all of these so hopefully I get something close! It's good to hear that they do actually pay attention and take the time to contact guests to clarify!

Mine was only saving one choice, too! Frustrating! Then I had to decide if I wanted top floor or 70s section more in case they only see one selection on their end, too. Hopefully they fix that. I requested a room in a particular block on TP. Lake facing, 4th floor, 70s section and also requested refurbished so fingers crossed! That's where we were last trip and I loved it.

I just called Disney because my reservation was doing the same thing online. I changed one of the requests and it would not save. The CM told me it is because requests were already made on the phone previously and the "Update Check-in" does not allow you to change the requests if they were made over the phone. They were easily able to change the request while on the phone.

We arrive on Feb. 26th, when should I do my TP request?

I just called Disney because my reservation was doing the same thing online. I changed one of the requests and it would not save. The CM told me it is because requests were already made on the phone previously and the "Update Check-in" does not allow you to change the requests if they were made over the phone. They were easily able to change the request while on the phone.
I booked online and never made any requests over the phone. It allows me to change my requests online but it still won’t save both of my selections, only one. I’m not too worried though because TP will send in my fax request with all of my selections so they’ll get it that way.

I booked online and never made any requests over the phone. It allows me to change my requests online but it still won’t save both of my selections, only one. I’m not too worried though because TP will send in my fax request with all of my selections so they’ll get it that way.
If you have certain things you want and the changes are not saving I'd recommend calling Disney.

If you have certain things you want and the changes are not saving I'd recommend calling Disney.
I'll see if the issue is still happening closer to my dates. As of right now my main request is the 70s section and that is the one that is being saved. If it's still acting weird in March I may call just to confirm. I did read on here that someone had called and even though only one request seems to be saving on our end the CM could see both requests at their end. Gotta love the ever glitchy MDE!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!