Pop century refurbished rooms

Mberry919

Earning My Ears
Hi can anyone tell me if the 70's building is complete with the refurbished rooms? I know the 90/80 are.

we have never been there. I don't want to be too far from the main pool at the 60's or the main building. thoughts? How far walking would you say the 80's is from the 60's pool and the main building? It's really hard to tell from the map

Does anyone know what buildings are complete and what building they are working on ?
Thank you

https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/

Here is the Pop renovation thread. According to the 2nd post, 80s & 90s are complete and the 70s are in progress.

IMHO, Pop Century isn't as big as the map makes it seem. I stayed in the 90s over the summer and I never felt I was far from anything. I would walk through the parking lot to the bus stops if I was in a hurry, otherwise I would stay on the sidewalk and it was never far. Walking from my room to the Hippy Dippy Pool, it only took a few minutes, too, no matter what path I took.

Thank you, i'll be watching this thread then, since we are booked for April 21st 2018, and always stayed in 60s section, standard room,
don't know if its going to happen this time

Thank you, i'll be watching this thread then, since we are booked for April 21st 2018, and always stayed in 60s section, standard room,
don't know if its going to happen this time

We are also arriving on April 21st. We just switched our reservation from AoA to POP a few days ago and saved nearly $500. We stayed at POP in 2016 in the 50's section and loved it.

Half the rooms should be done by your trip (1 building) and the other building will likely be shut down.

@Mberry919

Well those folks on the phone know NOTHING, and you can't all resort direct.

If you go to thread above we are keeping track based on first hand reports.

I was there a week and half ago. Stayed 90's, have stayed 80's and I walked over to 70's to see how far along they are. They are taking much longer than they anticipated so guessing the other half closes when this one opens, no way they are done second half by your trip. So you have half of 70's to work with.

** Current Status of Pop Renovations **

Buildings 7, 8 and 9 (80's and 90's sections) COMPLETE

Buildings 10 (70's section) IN PROGRESS

To date only standard rooms have been renovated.

This post will be updated as further renovations are completed.

Any info you have to contribute to this post please tag @scrappinginontario or myself.

Historical Refurbishment Date as best we can determine:

Building 8, 90's, started renovation on March 6, 2017, opened on June 8, 2017 (~renovation time 94 days)

Building 9, 80's, started renovation early May 2017, opened approx July 27, 2017 (~renovation time 80 days)

Building 7, 80's, started renovation early June, 2017, opened approx Sept 20, 2017 (~renovation time 70 days)

Building 10, 70's, started renovation, started renovation Aug 1 2017, STILL BEING RENOVATED

300px-Disney%27s_Pop_Century_Resort_logo.svg.png

@Mberry919

Well those folks on the phone know NOTHING, and you can't all resort direct.

If you go to thread above we are keeping track based on first hand reports.

I was there a week and half ago. Stayed 90's, have stayed 80's and I walked over to 70's to see how far along they are. They are taking much longer than they anticipated so guessing the other half closes when this one opens, no way they are done second half by your trip. So you have half of 70's to work with.

Thank you! So I have never been there. I defiantly want a refurbished room, at least I should say I'm going to request one :)
It's so hard to say from the map but if we stayed in the 80s how long does it take to walk to the bigger 60s pool and mail building/busses?

Thank you! So I have never been there. I defiantly want a refurbished room, at least I should say I'm going to request one :)
It's so hard to say from the map but if we stayed in the 80s how long does it take to walk to the bigger 60s pool and mail building/busses?

80's and 90's would be my last pick for distance, but I picked them last two trips so I would get new rooms. The rooms are worth the extra few minutes. But really even farthest 80's room is only about 6-7 or so minute walk. POP is considered big because of number of rooms but buildings are 4 stories tall. The footprint is actually not bad at all and no walk is bad. And it is more landscaped than the Allstars so it's a nice walk no matter where you stay.

Personally I would make no online requests (section floor etc) and just call them and have "Renovated Room" added to your reservation as your only request.

We love POP, stayed over 25 times and hoping once renovation is done they don't boost the price too much.

Great! This is all so helpful! Thank you! So for us first timers! What do you think I should request? 70's refurbished? :)

Would you all request renovated 70s if you were going the last week of November? I deifnitely want renovated, and because of disability I'd prefer to be closer in the 70s building, but can handle a further walk if need be to get refurb. Should I wait to request this in hopes that they might be done with 70s by then? I'm using touring plans fax service because two years ago we got the exact room we requested with them.

Would you all request renovated 70s if you were going the last week of November? I deifnitely want renovated, and because of disability I'd prefer to be closer in the 70s building, but can handle a further walk if need be to get refurb. Should I wait to request this in hopes that they might be done with 70s by then? I'm using touring plans fax service because two years ago we got the exact room we requested with them.
Yes I am wonderod the same for our visit in December. I want refurbished and a good location. Close to the main building and closer to the 60s pool. What would those of you that had been there recommend? I'm thinking 70s??

If they open it, the 70s building was great! Building 10. I stayed there and paid to be on the preferred side, was a waste of money as the standard rooms were just as good. Remember unless you're on the first floor you'll have extra walking if away form the elevator. If you're willing to take stairs you cna be closer but otherwise the elevators are in the middle.

Room requests are not guaranteed. I’ve had them honored only twice, in fact. Keep your request simple. The more you add on, the less likely they can accommodate. If a renovated room is most important, have that be your only request. We are staying at Pop in Jan, and I too want a renovated room. Usually we love the 50s section facing the lake, but this time I’m only requesting renovated room, and I’m actually crossing my fingers for the 80s/90s section to get one. It’s really not that far of a walk at Pop, the resort is pretty compact.

We are staying in a standard room at Pop in October 2018 and it appears from various posts I've read, that renovations to all buildings should be complete by then. I am needing to call Disney to modify my dates a tad and was thinking of adding a room request based on this and other threads. It sounds like a lake view is the way to go for a more peaceful stay? Initially I had planned on asking to be as close to transportation as possible but it sounds like it's not that important?
Thanks for all of your insights and information, it's so helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter