• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Question

dpaine

Earning My Ears
Have not been on the boards for some time, but am planning a Disney trip for August 2006. My PDD son wants to stay at Pop Century. This will probably be sensory overload, but we stayed at the ASMo last time and he was o.k, a little overstimulated but otherwise fine. My question is, if anyone can answer, without requesting preferred rooms, which building(s) would be closest to the food court and buses. I will spend the extra if I have to, but would much rather spend it in the parks instead of on the room.

Thanks,
Deb :flower:

Hi There! I haven't been to POP yet either (leave Oct.2!!! :cool1: ), but everyone has told me to request the 70's or 50's buildings. I have heard that some of these rooms could actually be closer than if you were at the long end of the preferred building. I need a close room also and we are going to hope for one of these rooms so we'll have more spending money! :sunny: I hope you have a magical trip! :wizard:

I'm so jealous. I would love to be going soon. Please let me know how Pop Century is when you get back. Much appreciated!!

Have a wonderful trip!!!

If you need close to bus stops I'd do 70's over 50's. 50's are on one side of central hall 70's on other but bus stops would actually be closer to 70's as bus stops are on that side of central hall.
I personally LOVE Pop for the walks down memory lane it causes in me, it feels more centally located in relation to parks to me.

From building 1 which is 50's there is a short cut to the front of the main hall where you board the buses without having to go thru the building just turn left when You get to the end of the walk and walk thru the luggage drop off area.

I did not like the food court and gift shop at Pop they both 1 thing only adds to the chaos IMO. It is possible to get in the food court and back out without goin thru the gift shop that might help a bit too.

The food court gift shop being one thing was the only thing I didn't care for at Pop and it won't keep me from staying there again.

The bus service was the BEST bus service I ever had at disney in a dozen or more visits.

the 60's preferred is the one closest to both the food court and main pool.

that say - this is also the building with the most complaints - it can get loud!!!

plus you are paying extra for it.

so I would definitely go with 50's (my favorite) or the 70's.

I find the Pop (except for the main pool) much calmer than the All Stars.

I like to walk around lakes - Pop has one, All stars don't.

We just got back and the 80's building that we stayed in is incredibly close to the bus stops. We could easily see the stops from our room. We were in room 9425, on the fourth floor but you could request a bottom floor for easier access.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter