Pop Century Post Refurbishments - Tub or Shower, Queens or King?

Hello All! We will be leaving on 11/7 :yay: for 8 days and I have requested building 9 rooms 9125-9147. Yes I know I got specific, lol, but I think thats the wing that is closet to the bus stop and hop skip down the trail to the food court. I have a sciatica issue so I'm trying to get pretty close to each of those. When I was there in April, I kind of scoped out that wing of the 90's. Am I right in my information?
If you have a standard room booked then yes, those are probably some of the closest to the buses and Classic hall.

These maps might help. PopCenturyMapUpdated copy.jpg

Attachments

• popcenturyroomlayoutlarge.jpg
    popcenturyroomlayoutlarge.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 43

Does anyone know which rooms are “preferred” (no pool view)? I booked on of those for a higher price because it seemed like a good idea... now I am wondering what exactly am I going to be getting for the extra money?

Does anyone know which rooms are “preferred” (no pool view)? I booked on of those for a higher price because it seemed like a good idea... now I am wondering what exactly am I going to be getting for the extra money?
If you scroll up higher on this page I recently posted a map of the room locations. If you click the thumbnail pic you will see where the preferred rooms are located at Pop. Basically you are getting a room closer to classic hall and the buses.

Last edited:

If you scroll up higher on this page I recently posted a map of the room locations. If you click the thumbnail pic you will see where the preferred rooms are located at Pop. Basically you are getting a room closer to classic hall and the buses.
Thank you! I was thinking the preferred would be lake view rooms for some reason... but all the rooms along the lake are just standard, correct?

2 Queens
Tub
Accessible room (both beds lower, bars by toilet & tub... But sink is not lower.)

Not connecting

Interestingly, bathroom is different than regular rooms- not as much storage, shelving. Plenty of wall space for it tho.

2 Queens
Tub
Accessible room (both beds lower, bars by toilet & tub... But sink is not lower.)

Not connecting

Interestingly, bathroom is different than regular rooms- not as much storage, shelving. Plenty of wall space for it tho.

Yes, they seem to have built some rooms for those who require ease to move around (possibly with a walker?) but do not need the sink lowered, etc. I'm glad to see Disney has created rooms to assist a variety of people during their stay.

Thanks to all who continue to contribute to this thread! I know I've used it to request a room via Touring Plans for our upcoming stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter