Pop century or drury

imnotsancho

Earning My Ears
Hello,

We are staying during Jersey Week this year and we are trying to decide between Pop Century and Drury Plaza in Disney springs. We had the drury booked, but we really want to get on rides like RotR, FoP, etc. as we don't know when we will be returning, but that is literally the only "pro" of pop century over drury as drury is cheaper, newer and hotel-style.

Whats the likelihood of us getting on those rides if we stay off-property vs on property? Is it worth staying at pop just for that? Any advice is appreciated.

Not applicable for your stay since it is in 2023, but for 2024 Drury is currently excluded from the published early entry list.

My son and his friends just returned from a trip to Disney and I booked them at the Drury Inn in Disney Springs. The room was spacious, with free breakfast and a 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm "Kickback" with free hot food and drinks. Booking this hotel does allow early entry into the parks. I did book directly through the Disney website.

Last edited:

Sorry, I forgot to come back to this thread after posting it. Haha. I thought you couldn't book ILL or get virtual queue until park opening even if you stay at a Disney springs hotel. Am I confused? That would be kind of a game changer....

Sorry, I forgot to come back to this thread after posting it. Haha. I thought you couldn't book ILL or get virtual queue until park opening even if you stay at a Disney springs hotel. Am I confused? That would be kind of a game changer....
The Disney website says the only non-Disney hotels that can book ILLs at 7:00 are Swan, Dolphin, Swan Reserve, and Shades of Green. So Drury would not qualify. However, I do believe you can attempt virtual queue at 7.

Thanks. Yeah that's what I thought, but then someone above said you can book it at 7, so that confused me.

I guess with that information though, is there a good shot at getting tron, rise, flight of passage etc if we have to wait until park open during Jersey Week (which is a busier time), or if we stay on site, is it likely that we would get an opportunity to ride those rides seeing as it is a busier time. It's really the only reason we'd stay at pop (nothing against it but the drury looks awesome and new)

Not applicable for your stay since it is in 2023, but for 2024 Drury is currently excluded from the published early entry list.
Where did you read this? We are booked for January 2024 but one of the prime reasons we are booking the Drury is for early entry.

Where did you read this? We are booked for January 2024 but one of the prime reasons we are booking the Drury is for early entry.
All ears reported this a few weeks ago - but then it looks like it was updated; they were likely just sorting out contracts. Similar to the Dining Plan Restaurants.

The only one that explicitly states it is only available until 2023 is:
  • B Resort & Spa Lake Buena Visa

But i would check back in 2024 and cancel and rebook if anything changes.

Hello,

We are staying during Jersey Week this year and we are trying to decide between Pop Century and Drury Plaza in Disney springs. We had the drury booked, but we really want to get on rides like RotR, FoP, etc. as we don't know when we will be returning, but that is literally the only "pro" of pop century over drury as drury is cheaper, newer and hotel-style.

Whats the likelihood of us getting on those rides if we stay off-property vs on property? Is it worth staying at pop just for that? Any advice is appreciated.
If you stay at Drury, you run the risk of missing iLL$ for Rise and FOP so if these are important to you, I'd stay at POP.

Jersey week is really busy so iLL$ will likely sell out for these rides but, it's hard to tell. When we visited over spring break 22', Rise, FOP and at the time, Remy were iLL$, and Rise and Remy were sold out well before park open, I don't recall about FoP.

ETA, if you decide not to buy iLL$, you can certainly ride these rides standby but unless you RD or get in line at park close, you're probably looking at 2+ hours in line.

If you stay at Drury, you run the risk of missing iLL$ for Rise and FOP so if these are important to you, I'd stay at POP.

Jersey week is really busy so iLL$ will likely sell out for these rides but, it's hard to tell. When we visited over spring break 22', Rise, FOP and at the time, Remy were iLL$, and Rise and Remy were sold out well before park open, I don't recall about FoP.

ETA, if you decide not to buy iLL$, you can certainly ride these rides standby but unless you RD or get in line at park close, you're probably looking at 2+ hours in line.
Thank you! We actually switched to the week after Thanksgiving and we are staying on site. So hopefully won't be so busy (knock on wood). The Disney plus deal came out so we switched. This is helpful though because that's what we figured

Hello! Resurrecting this zombie thread to hear how things worked out? Anyone do recent (2024) Drury stays and want to report on ILL and early-entry experiences? I think many people are making decisions between Disney Value resorts and places like Drury.

Hello,

I'd choose a Disney hotel over anything not Disney every day. It's all about the bubble for me. If that doesn't bother you and you're will to pay for a Lightning lane you should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter