POP Century or Art of Animation?

sageandbelle

Earning My Ears
Family of 4 with two being grown kids. Really love the new renovated rooms at POP but absolutely hate the theming. Love the theming of Art of Animation but it’s more expensive and the rooms or just okay. Any advice or review of people who have stayed in both?

I don't know about you, but I don't spend much time at the resort. I always think that lower costs wins over ambience because in the end, it doesn't effect me really. But cost does. Given what you've said, I'd go with POP . JMHO.

Art of Animation has shorter bus lines as you leave the parks than POP does. I also perfer the food court at AOA. That said, the little mermaid rooms have double beds while POP has queen. Other than that they're very similar. You'll have to decide if the theming and shorter bus lines are worth the extra cash.

I just did a split stay between POP and AOA in May. I would pick POP hands down. The rooms were much nicer at POP, and I liked the extra shelving in the bathroom area for storage. We were in the Little Mermaid section at AOA, so we were a long way from the main building and buses. It was my first time staying at both, and I have to say, I didn't see anything particularly great about the theming at either resort. To me, they were both concrete jungles.

The suites at AoA are really nice as you get 2 full bathrooms, which makes it more efficient in the morning/evening. But looking at next year, those rooms are really pricey, especially in comparison from Pop (which is what we ended up booking for that reason).

Family of 4 with two being grown kids. Really love the new renovated rooms at POP but absolutely hate the theming. Love the theming of Art of Animation but it’s more expensive and the rooms or just okay. Any advice or review of people who have stayed in both?
not to make it worse but my grown kids really liked the ESPN wide world of sports

POP. You can still use AoA buses if you're waiting around the parks. You can also saunter over to AoA IMO they do have a better food court and it's not as loud as it can be at POP.

Last edited:
POP. You can still use AoA buses if they you're waiting around the parks. You can also saunter over to AoA IMO they do have a better food court and it's not as loud as it can be at POP.
My thought exactly about the busses. Last year we hopped on the AoA bus several times as the line was shorter and we got on the first bus then just did the short walk over to Pop. Last year, the Pop and AoA bus slots at the parks were next to each other or very close.

My thought exactly about the busses. Last year we hopped on the AoA bus several times as the line was shorter and we got on the first bus then just did the short walk over to Pop. Last year, the Pop and AoA bus slots at the parks were next to each other or very close.

Yup, they're usually right next to each other with AoA being the one closer to the park. Super easy to take an AoA bus and walk to Pop, especially if you're in the 60s/70s buildings.

The Pop rooms have been recently updated and have two queen beds. LM rooms have not and are looking worn, they have two double beds and they are a HIKE from the main building and buses. Other than that, the resorts are both similar in feel...lots of concrete and chaotic.

Yup, they're usually right next to each other with AoA being the one closer to the park. Super easy to take an AoA bus and walk to Pop, especially if you're in the 60s/70s buildings.
We were in to 50's so the walk wasn't bad. I requested the 60's for our trip in 2 weeks so I hope that happens. I was really surprised that more Pop people didn't hop the AoA bus because sometimes the lines at the Pop stall were super long and those at the end of the line might have to wait until the 3rd bus to get on.

We were in to 50's so the walk wasn't bad. I requested the 60's for our trip in 2 weeks so I hope that happens. I was really surprised that more Pop people didn't hop the AoA bus because sometimes the lines at the Pop stall were super long and those at the end of the line might have to wait until the 3rd bus to get on.
We’re in the know on these boards, but there are so many people (first timers, people who don’t research, etc....) who have no idea that there is a bridge that even connects to another hotel let alone what the other hotel is.

Pop also runs articulated buses on their route, so they can get more people on than a standard bus in one trip.

Can you please clarify if you are referring to the Family Suites at Art/Animation? Or the Little Mermaid rooms?? There's a huge difference in the two. Family Suites are expensive, but nice. Each kid would get their own bed, plus there are two bathrooms. Mom/Dad has a door that shuts, giving you guys privacy. But again, its pricey. I honestly dont think its worth the upcharge. LM rooms have double beds and are far from the main building. I'd honestly stick with Pop. You still get two queen beds. Plus i love the theme. And you can still walk over to AoA and use their food court, look around, use their buses if you wish.

POP. You can still use AoA buses if they you're waiting around the parks. You can also saunter over to AoA IMO they do have a better food court and it's not as loud as it can be at POP.
Sorry but i disagree. I dont find AoA any quieter than Pop. Not the least bit.

Pop also runs articulated buses on their route, so they can get more people on than a standard bus in one trip.
That was not our experience last year. They were standard busses. Maybe that has changed or maybe we were unlucky everytime we used them.

That was not our experience last year. They were standard busses. Maybe that has changed or maybe we were unlucky everytime we used them.

Articulated buses are only for the MK. None of the other bus stops at Pop are big enough for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter