Pop Century affecting other WDW value resorts ~ speculation

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all ~ just speculating ~ I think lots of folks who would normally book at ALL STAR resort will be interested in staying at POP CENTURY ~ if so, don't you think Disney might offer good deals at the ALL STAR resorts? S

I don't think that will be too much of a problem to be honest. I think if anything, the new value resort will offer yet another appealing way to lure the die hard offsite guests onsite at least once. And as most of us know, onsite once, and you're most likely hooked forever.

I would change my 12/14-12/21 reservation back to the All Stars in a heartbeat if it was $49/nite and the Pop Century was at rack rate. I don't really see this happening, but we shall see. I like the idea of being an original guest of the hotel, but I like my money more. Mickey

I think you're right.

With a good code rate you can get All Star Sport and Music for $49 or $59 a night. Most of the time Movies isn't included in the codes.

I bet when Pop Century opens, all three All Stars will be included in the codes but Pop will not be.

They might, at least in the beginning. I think it would be a good idea, and maybe draw some off-site business in.

But I don't think it will be a really deep discount, or an extended one, because Pop Century and AS are going to be in direct competition as value resorts, right? So it might not help to draw guests away from Pop Century, since AS guests could just go visit the resort now that it's open.

I thought I heard (and this was at least two years ago) that Pop Century would take over the under-$100/night category, and AS would be bumped up a little. I could be on crack though. :confused:

Good question, though.

I'm going to venture a guess that once Pop is up and running we will see the All Stars go into a phased rehab like the moderates have done over the last months.

Cathyce2 hit the nail on the head IMHO. I also think the All Stars will start being refurbished. ALSO, I was told by management that PC was going to be the main resort to house the sporting events participants, Music Days, Dance Groups, School trips, Sports,--anything that will be going to the WWS. And the All Stars will be a more family oriented resort. That's fine with me.

I still think anyone should expect ASMovies to have discounts. The theming between it and PC just doesn't jive - each resort will appeal to different people. ASMovies slways fills without discounts so you probably won't see discounts there even after PC.

I think phased rehab is a given; it just depends on which resort they start with and how long it takes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter