Pool Hopping

wishicouldgomoreofte

Mouseketeer
OK, reading the member website:
Pool hopping is not available at the following pools—with no exceptions to this policy:
  • Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney's Beach Club Resorts
  • The leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas
  • The Lava Pool and leisure pool at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
  • The Copper Creek Springs Pool at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • The pools at Disney's Art of Animation Resort

SO.... allowed are?
1. BWV
2. GFV
3. OKW
4. SSR
5. BRV? Is there a BRV pool separate from the new CCV pool, or is that one and the same?
6. WDW resort pools except for AoA
So, is CR pool allowed?
I am surprised GFV is allowed. So GF hotel pool is too.

Do any of these pools appeal to you enough to be worth the hop?
It is one thing if you are staying there, but kind of a pain to hop, especailly now that they are all fenced in and you have to get permission or something to be let in. My magic band wouldn't open the gate. So how do I get in?
The Member website says:
"Please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the Resort you wish to visit before you go to find out about pool-access availability."
I don't think the front desk staff know how crowded the pool is. Of course, they don't want to put the lifeguards on the spot, they want a management level person there or nearby if denying you access. My guess is if I stopped at front desk to ask if I may use the pool, they would not be prepared for that question.

Your thoughts or experiences?

Given that when you call front desk on your room phone, you get a call centre off-site rather than CMs at your resort, I am a bit bemused about how you could hope to speak to a host or hostess at another resort in advance of a pool hop...Has anyone tried to do this, either by asking your resort concierge to make contact or by turning up at the pool hop resort and making a day-of request?

Before fences and gates were added, I have pool hopped by just turning up to those pools where it is allowed.

Pools that appear to be within the parameters of the policy include:

Boardwalk Inn quiet pool (behind ESPN) -- great for a wind-down break in the middle of an EPCOT/HS day
Quiet/Leisure pools at Beach Club and Yacht Club resorts -- can't use the BCV leisure pool, but the Beach Club itself has a leisure pool very close to the International Gateway and Yacht club has a leisure pool half-way between EPCOT and HS.
Contemporary Resort -- the pool that projects into the lake is a lovely location if you are taking a mid-day break from MK and don't want to go back to AKL/SSR etc
GF has 2 pools that appear to be available, both of which have pool bars with reasonable lunch options that avoid queuing at sub-standard counter service in MK.
At Wilderness lodge, the Copper Creek Springs pool is actually the name of the original hotel pool -- which suggests the newly developed pool on the DVC side of the resort is available for pool hopping.

So there are some good options for people who want to take a mid-day break and cool down, BUT nobody knows how you can actually achieve legal pool hopping!

Given that when you call front desk on your room phone, you get a call centre off-site rather than CMs at your resort, I am a bit bemused about how you could hope to speak to a host or hostess at another resort in advance of a pool hop...Has anyone tried to do this, either by asking your resort concierge to make contact or by turning up at the pool hop resort and making a day-of request?

Before fences and gates were added, I have pool hopped by just turning up to those pools where it is allowed.

Pools that appear to be within the parameters of the policy include:

Boardwalk Inn quiet pool (behind ESPN) -- great for a wind-down break in the middle of an EPCOT/HS day
Quiet/Leisure pools at Beach Club and Yacht Club resorts -- can't use the BCV leisure pool, but the Beach Club itself has a leisure pool very close to the International Gateway and Yacht club has a leisure pool half-way between EPCOT and HS.
Contemporary Resort -- the pool that projects into the lake is a lovely location if you are taking a mid-day break from MK and don't want to go back to AKL/SSR etc
GF has 2 pools that appear to be available, both of which have pool bars with reasonable lunch options that avoid queuing at sub-standard counter service in MK.
At Wilderness lodge, the Copper Creek Springs pool is actually the name of the original hotel pool -- which suggests the newly developed pool on the DVC side of the resort is available for pool hopping.

So there are some good options for people who want to take a mid-day break and cool down, BUT nobody knows how you can actually achieve legal pool hopping!
Thank you for your response.
Yes, I wouldn't call. I would just go, & ask concierge at front desk or something. I know about the BWV quiet pool next to the Community Hall. And I know BWI has a quiet pool back in by the honeymoon cottages. Is that where you mean behind ESPN?
I didn't know/realize Beach Club & Yacht Club each have leisure pools, but that makes sense. Not everyone wants the hectic atmosphere of Stormalong Bay.
Good point about pool bar lunch options at GF pools.
It is good to know the BRV pool is still available for hopping.
12 years ago, we hopped to the Wilderness Lodge hotel pool and the Poly lava pool, but haven't hopped since. I am very strongly thinking of making my upcoming AKV stay my first ever no parks visit. AKV is so beautiful, and there is so much to do, I know it will be relaxing & restorative. I am going again in DEC for a park visit. I like the afternoon trivia games by the pool, etc. Just trying to consider my options.

The BWI quiet pool is the one by the cottages. It is very tranquil in the middle of the day when people are either at the parks or joining in the games at the main pool. The BWV quiet pool feels a bit exposed -- as if there is very little shade.

We’ve never stopped at the front desk. We just go to the pool. Show the Dvc member card if asked.

You can also hop to the value and mod pools. We spent a lovely day, or would have if it weren’t for the lovebugs, at CSR’s pool, hopping over from OKW.

I didn't know that you are allowed to pool hop. Every hotel has a sign that says the pool is for hotel guests only. Last year we were at the Poly Club Level, and our magic bands quick working for the main pool on the day we checked out at noon. Had to go back to concierge desk to make them reprogram our magic bands. I was rather irritated.
But perhaps you have a different deal that allows pool hop. I don't see why you would want to. The pools worth hopping are all banned. (This does not mean all the banned pools are worth hopping.) The GF theme pool is highly uninteresting, which is probably why it isn't banned and isn't crowded either. The only time you should pool hop is when you are also eating at that hotel's restaurant. Then you are there already. Otherwise, your own hotel pool is just as good and far more convenient to get to.

I didn't know that you are allowed to pool hop. Every hotel has a sign that says the pool is for hotel guests only. Last year we were at the Poly Club Level, and our magic bands quick working for the main pool on the day we checked out at noon. Had to go back to concierge desk to make them reprogram our magic bands. I was rather irritated.
But perhaps you have a different deal that allows pool hop. I don't see why you would want to. The pools worth hopping are all banned. (This does not mean all the banned pools are worth hopping.) The GF theme pool is highly uninteresting, which is probably why it isn't banned and isn't crowded either. The only time you should pool hop is when you are also eating at that hotel's restaurant. Then you are there already. Otherwise, your own hotel pool is just as good and far more convenient to get to.

We haven't done this yet, but I imagine it could also be convenient if you are visiting family/friends staying at one of the resorts that allows pool hopping since you could all spend pool time together, even if they can't hop to your resort's pool.

OK, reading the member website:
Pool hopping is not available at the following pools—with no exceptions to this policy:

SO.... allowed are?
1. BWV
2. GFV
3. OKW
4. SSR
5. BRV? Is there a BRV pool separate from the new CCV pool, or is that one and the same?
6. WDW resort pools except for AoA
So, is CR pool allowed?
I am surprised GFV is allowed. So GF hotel pool is too.

Do any of these pools appeal to you enough to be worth the hop?
It is one thing if you are staying there, but kind of a pain to hop, especailly now that they are all fenced in and you have to get permission or something to be let in. My magic band wouldn't open the gate. So how do I get in?
The Member website says:
"Please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the Resort you wish to visit before you go to find out about pool-access availability."
I don't think the front desk staff know how crowded the pool is. Of course, they don't want to put the lifeguards on the spot, they want a management level person there or nearby if denying you access. My guess is if I stopped at front desk to ask if I may use the pool, they would not be prepared for that question.

Your thoughts or experiences?
I grabbed this from the DVC website:
FWIW, I was relaxing in one of the "cabanas" at the CCV pool last fall and a CM did ask if I was staying at WL and then asked to scan my MB. We were staying at CCV at the time. So, at least in October, they were being proactive about checking who belonged there and who might be trying to take advantage of the location. It's a very nice pool but definitely lacking in shade unless you've been lucky enough to snag a cabana.

But perhaps you have a different deal that allows pool hop. I don't see why you would want to. The pools worth hopping are all banned.

Dvc members on points can hop.

I disagree with your assessment of pools worth hopping to.

Having the BE “clown” pool available is awesome; I love that pool and slide (although I am generally quite phobic if clowns).

And like I said, many other resort pools are open. While many like fancy pools, I’m a sucker for a big simple pool that you can actually swim in rather than just splash around in.

The new Boulder Ridge pool requires magic band access to enter. I suppose one could simply follow another party in, but my guess is that if your magic band doesn't allow you in, you shouldn't be there. By the way, the Copper Springs pool area isn't locked and many hoppers from Fort Wilderness make their way over on the boat to swim. Even on crowded days, there doesn't seem to be any concerted effort to police the area.

The new Boulder Ridge pool requires magic band access to enter. I suppose one could simply follow another party in, but my guess is that if your magic band doesn't allow you in, you shouldn't be there. By the way, the Copper Springs pool area isn't locked and many hoppers from Fort Wilderness make their way over on the boat to swim. Even on crowded days, there doesn't seem to be any concerted effort to police the area.
The CCV pool is fenced and the gates have the MB locks. As I said in a PP, I was asked if I was staying at WL when I was there in October and it was not crowded at all that day. Like everything with Disney, enforcement of the rules is sporadic.

The CCV pool is fenced and the gates have the MB locks. As I said in a PP, I was asked if I was staying at WL when I was there in October and it was not crowded at all that day. Like everything with Disney, enforcement of the rules is sporadic.

Just to make sure we're all on the same page, the main pool (Copper Creek Springs) with the life guards and the water slide though fenced, doesn't require MB access. The Boulder Ridge Cove pool (next to Geyser Point) is locked and needs MBs to enter. I suspect we're saying the same thing, but just wanted to clarify. The Boulder Ridge pool is typically not very crowded, while the Copper Creek pool tends to get quite congested.

Last edited:
Just to make sure we're all on the same page, the main pool (Copper Creek Springs) with the life guards and the water slide though fenced, doesn't require MB access. The Boulder Ridge Cove pool (next to Geyser Point) is locked and needs MBs to enter. I suspect we're saying the same thing, but just wanted to clarify. The Boulder Ridge pool is typically not very crowded, while the Copper Creek pool tends to get quite congested.
You are correct. I mistakenly referred to the Bolder Ridge Pool as CCV's. We visited the CCV pool but found the BRV pool to be better suited to our needs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts