Pool hopping - showers available?

liamthompson

Earning My Ears
I'm staying at Aventura and am wondering if I pool hop to Sapphire Falls or the quiet pool at Portofino Bay, can I shower/change at the other hotel or do I need to go back to my room at Aventura?

I'm staying at Aventura and am wondering if I pool hop to Sapphire Falls or the quiet pool at Portofino Bay, can I shower/change at the other hotel or do I need to go back to my room at Aventura?
Can't comment on Sapphire Falls, as I just walked back to Aventura to shower/change. The Villa pool at PBR has an outdoor shower by the restrooms, and free lockers inside. I have done a quick shower and change there. That is my favorite pool hop, I order the fruit plate and relax for hours there.

Can't comment on Sapphire Falls, as I just walked back to Aventura to shower/change. The Villa pool at PBR has an outdoor shower by the restrooms, and free lockers inside. I have done a quick shower and change there. That is my favorite pool hop, I order the fruit plate and relax for hours there.
Thanks! An afternoon at the villa pool with a snack sounds exactly like what I'm looking for :)

I just need to use my room key for access to the pool, right? I can just show up and don't need to "check-in" with the front desk?

Thanks! An afternoon at the villa pool with a snack sounds exactly like what I'm looking for :)

I just need to use my room key for access to the pool, right? I can just show up and don't need to "check-in" with the front desk?
You are supposed to stop at the concierge desk (at the other resorts) to get an access card. Your Aventura card won't open the gate. I did that at SF. When going to the Villa pool I have usually just followed someone in, but if there's no one around you need to get a card there also, which is more of a trek from the pool area.

Last edited:

Like @georgina said, you have to stop by the desk for a "pool key," which they will just hand you straight away so it doesn't take any time. The Villa pool is right past the spa from the main pool, so it's easy enough to use the lockers/shower at the villa pool then wander past that pool to the main pool with the water slide, if you desire. The Villa pool also has a hot tub right next to the showers/lockers.

You are supposed to stop at the concierge desk (at the other resorts) to get an access card. Your Aventura card won't open the gate. I did that at SF. When going to the Villa pool I have usually just followed someone in, but if there's no one around you need to get a card there also, which is more of a trek from the pool area.
Thanks, off to the concierge desk we'll go!

Like @georgina said, you have to stop by the desk for a "pool key," which they will just hand you straight away so it doesn't take any time. The Villa pool is right past the spa from the main pool, so it's easy enough to use the lockers/shower at the villa pool then wander past that pool to the main pool with the water slide, if you desire. The Villa pool also has a hot tub right next to the showers/lockers.
Hot tub! This keeps getting better! We're going next month so if it's too cold, I thought at least it would be nice to relax by the pool and have a snack. But hot tub sounds reallllly nice after a long day at the parks.

Sapphire has a shower and changing area in the bathroom inside the fitness center.

Sapphire has a shower and changing area in the bathroom inside the fitness center.
Are you able to access the fitness center as a non-resort guest? I know you can at Cabana Bay, but I don't think the premium resorts allow it? Not sure where SF falls in that range.

Are you able to access the fitness center as a non-resort guest? I know you can at Cabana Bay, but I don't think the premium resorts allow it? Not sure where SF falls in that range.

I’m honestly not sure. The time I used it I was staying there. I don’t remember needing to scan into it - either I forgot or I just was able to grab the door as someone entered or exited. But if you’re allowed to pool hop and get a pool access card at any resort as long as you’re a guest at one, I would guess the pool access card also works to open the other communal ammenities. I would be surprised if each required special differently coded access. Worth a try at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter