Pool hopping at DL Hotels?

sheryl0521

DIS Veteran
Is pool hopping allowed between the DL hotels? We are staying at GC next week, but DS said last night that he wants to check out the Peter Pan Pool at the DL hotel - can it be done?

Thanks

Hi Sheryl,

The official answer is no. However, you can ask at the Grand Californian front desk & see if they'll give you a yes.

I've seen several guests walking from the Disneyland Hotel to the Grand Californian wet & in their bathing suits, w/towels wrapped around them last summer.

I believe that you may only use the pool of the hotel you are checked-in at unless the pool at your hotel is unavailable (PPH was under construction last year & guests were directed to DLH pool). I honestly don't have any personal experience in doing this, as we only use the pool in the hotel we are staying at but I don't believe your room key willl open any other pool except for your hotel's.

wow - so the DL hotel pools have room key access only? Good to know that!

I wish WDW would incorporate that system as I am always seeing non-resort guests using the hotel pools!

thanks for your help!

I have also seen rules that GC guests can pool hop"down", but DLH&PP can't pool hop "up", I would just ask. Or risk it knowing if asked you could show your GC room keys.

Judy from Boise said:
I have also seen rules that GC guests can pool hop"down", but DLH&PP can't pool hop "up", I would just ask. Or risk it knowing if asked you could show your GC room keys.
ahhh.. interesting thought. thanks for sharing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter