pool cabanas?

westie55

DIS Veteran
Are the cabanas at the Contemporary usually available or do they need to be booked in advance? If so, how far in advance is recommended? I imagine most of these sit empty but I've never rented one before so I don't know. My non-Disney obsessed DH may do a cabana day while the kids and I head to the parks.

Are the cabanas at the Contemporary usually available or do they need to be booked in advance? If so, how far in advance is recommended? I imagine most of these sit empty but I've never rented one before so I don't know. My non-Disney obsessed DH may do a cabana day while the kids and I head to the parks.
We stayed at Bay Lake Tower end of October. Noticed that no one was renting the cabanas when we walked past, each time, different times of day, no one. I would imagine, quite $$$.

Simply based on my experiences from visits, so not scientific at all, I have noticed that the cabanas at the CR are often not rented, while the cabanas at the GF and the Patios at the Poly are usually rented. The cabanas at the YC/BC are new, but my hunch is they will be the most booked of all. However, we did get a half day Poly patio day of once, in summer, so not impossible but I wouldn't count on it. What I would do is book any cabanas that you think you want, and then be sure to cancel if you change your mind. You can cancel up to the day before without penalty.

BC/YC are only available to those resort guests, they will ask for your resort res.
I know that, I was just comparing and contrasting the different cabana availability and chances of getting a same day rental based on my observations. I wasn't suggesting they try to rent a cabana elsewhere, sorry if it came across that way.

ETA FWIW apparently you can rent the cabanas at the GF and CR and patios at the Poly if staying at any Disney resort, not only those resorts. We had a long discussion on another thread about that a little while ago.

Simply based on my experiences from visits, so not scientific at all, I have noticed that the cabanas at the CR are often not rented, while the cabanas at the GF and the Patios at the Poly are usually rented. The cabanas at the YC/BC are new, but my hunch is they will be the most booked of all. However, we did get a half day Poly patio day of once, in summer, so not impossible but I wouldn't count on it. What I would do is book any cabanas that you think you want, and then be sure to cancel if you change your mind. You can cancel up to the day before without penalty.
So true! I recently inquired about cabana rental at YC/BC for an upcoming trip. They're all rented out. Half day. Full day. Nothing is available on any of the day.
The CM, however, mentioned several times that cabanas are still available at CR.

So true! I recently inquired about cabana rental at YC/BC for an upcoming trip. They're all rented out. Half day. Full day. Nothing is available on any of the day.
The CM, however, mentioned several times that cabanas are still available at CR.

Not sure when your trip is, but it might be worth trying periodically, just like with dining ADRs. I had tried booking a half day cabana (at Beach Club) for our July trip a couple of weeks ago. Inquired about several different days, all were booked (or so I was told by the CM.) I just called this morning and the exact day and time I wanted was available. Not sure if it opened up since my last call or if this is a case of “when you don’t get the answer you want the first time, call back so you get a different agent on the phone.” Either way, yea for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter