• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pool area splash pads for kids.

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I think that,s what they're called-those areas for kids to run around and the water squirts up. I know there's one at SSR, Kidani, and I think at OKW. Any other DVC resorts?

The Grand Floridian has an Alice and Wonderland themed splash pad right next to the beach pool. My kids had a great time playing there on our trip last week.

20131219_143905_zps48e4398b.jpg

There are actually two at SSR, one at the Grandstand Pool, and another at the new Paddock Pool. There's also a third, very small one around Donald Duck at the main pool.

And don't forget about Aulani. It has the Menehune Bridge Water Play area and the new Keiki Cove Water Splash Zone.

There is one at BLT and at CR which you can use if staying at BLT.

There are two at DTD.
The larger of the two is concrete-based but is availabile for anyone to use.

The Grand Floridian has an Alice and Wonderland themed splash pad right next to the beach pool. My kids had a great time playing there on our trip last week.

This is available for 'pool hopping' as of now right? If it available in October, I think it would be worth a hop over from BLT for my kids :)

This is available for 'pool hopping' as of now right? If it available in October, I think it would be worth a hop over from BLT for my kids :)

Note that in november when we were staying at vgf they were strictly enforcing the height requirement for the splash area. My dd had just turned 8 and is on the taller side for her age. The lifeguards would not let her play in the alice and wonderland play area. I think the height cut-off is 48 inches so you may want to double check that and make sure it wont be an issue before hopping there if the splash area is important to you.

Another opinion that the BLT one is so great! Ds was 15 months at the time and had a blast !! Spent hours there.

We were so excited about the Alice one at GF this past September but found it closed for a drainage issue upon arrival. Didn't ruin our trip but walking by it this one did look great!

Staying at our home resort AKL in a little over a week. I would love for him to play at Kidani. It looked great last year but he was little, 11 months. Not sure if it will be splash weather though.

A mazimum height of 48 inches won't be a problem for us, since she's less than 40 inches, and next year (when we're going) she won't be THAT much taller. Am I right in remembering there's one at OKW? Now I'm not sure there.

Pop century too. Granddaughter Abby loved the one at Kidani.

Note that in november when we were staying at vgf they were strictly enforcing the height requirement for the splash area. My dd had just turned 8 and is on the taller side for her age. The lifeguards would not let her play in the alice and wonderland play area. I think the height cut-off is 48 inches so you may want to double check that and make sure it wont be an issue before hopping there if the splash area is important to you.

So its 8 and under and 48 inches and under correct?

ETA: Just want to make sure I'm understanding. I think my brain isn't working tonight!

So its 8 and under and 48 inches and under correct? ETA: Just want to make sure I'm understanding. I think my brain isn't working tonight!

No. It was just based on height--not age. I was just saying my 8 year old dd couldn't play there to describe my experience and as a reference. When she was 7 she would have still been too tall (she had turned 8 about a week before our trip). Im sure there are safety reasons but she felt bad about it, especially since her little sister could play there. It seemed like a shame that they built such a nice big kids play area and a 7 year old couldn't participate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter