• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pooh's Hunny Hunt video from Tokyo Disneyland

toefungus

Mouseketeer
All I have to say is AMAZING.:eek: It sure embarrassed WDW's Pooh attraction. The effects, animatronics and ride "pots" are amazing. Also if you notice, the cars that they are riding in aren't on any tracks! Take a look for yourself...

http://www.barrybedford.com

Unbelievable!! What a great ride. Why can't we get rides like that in DW. Just goes to show what Disney can do when they decide to spend some bucks in the good old USA.

Wow.

Wow.

I heard so much when reading articles by and about Eddie Sotto regarding the movement of the little EMV vehicles employed in the dancing and bouncing sequences, but to actually watch them do their little movements is truly amazing.

We need a DIS double-dip trip to Japan. Four days, two parks.

I couldn't get the video to show, but it sounds great. Is there a site that lists all of the attractions for Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Seas. AND it sounds like these are supposedly the best Disney parks out there. My ?, why doesn't don't they bring that greatness to Florida?

It follows exactly the same story line as Pooh in Florida, but with effects that boggle the mind. The only down side of watching it is that now I will be thinking about it when I ride Pooh at the world.

I still really like the MK ride though. I still think it's great for what it is. A quality dark ride shines through, even if it isn't the best of the best versions. (I can still enjoy Folgers if Starbucks ain't around.)

We're big fans of the Orlando Pooh, too, and never miss it. It has great effects, and I love the way Pooh falls to sleep--but the way they do it in Japan is tremendously cool!

The video shows basically the same ride, but every effect in Orlando is expanded and upgraded. Instead of a rail that gives the impression of bouncing in Orlando, it looks like the entire cars and the ride bounces as we see Tigger bounce.

Paul Pressler explained in an interview that Tokyo has higher per-capita spending and that the cost of borrowing is less in Japan, and that's why they may spend more on some attractions.

However, I believe there are other reasons. The crowd at Tokyo seems a bit different. WDW is basically vacationers. TDR sees a lot of locals, including ones that have Starlight passes, meaning they can go every night after 5pm (I think) or 6pm. Also, TDR is a big dating scene. So I think something like the Pooh ride would have to be spectacular enough to satisfy young dating couples, and other groups of adults. I saw hordes of elderly ladies touring the park together. WDW's simple ride just wouldn't cut it, but is OK for the Florida vacationing-with-little-ones crowd.

And remember, as wonderful as TDR is, you Florida goers are still two parks up on them, so don't lament too much. (OK, maybe a little!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter