"Pooh" sized guest and Space Mtn.

Ducky4Disney

-->Place Tag HERE!
I'm not sure that this is the right place for this, but here I go.

My DH is very "Pooh" sized, he is 6'7" and 350#. We've been able to do most rides but we haven't tried Space Mountain. Last time I rode it was years ago and from what I remember, it was a long rocket like car, three people per car (?) one behind the other. Is this right? How is the leg room and what are the restraints like? I hate getting to the front of the line just to delay the loading because he can't fit and needs to get out, and I have to ride alone :(

He can do Splash Mtn, ToT, RnRC, PoC, HM, Peter Pan, Snow White, Mexico, Norway, M:S, and TT, if that helps.

Thanks!

D4D

If he can do those he should have no problems with Space Mountain. The CM should direct you, but if they don't, ask for the front of the car (not neccesarily the whole train, there are 2 cars per train that hold 3 people each). There is more leg room since it stretches into the 'nose' of the spaceship.

Restaints are a pull-down padded lap bar that does need to go down to a certain point to lock. What my DH does is pull the bar down while he is in the process of sitting down, that gets it under his belly. My DH is 5' 11" and about 375 for comparison.

I'm 6'3, 250 lbs. Even then, the lap bars on Space Mountain gives me problems (due to my long legs, the bars can't come down a lot) and after having... challenges with it, I'm not too sure about riding it. At 6'7, even if he sits in the front seat, the bar won't come down enough.

Its unique at Walt Disney World in terms of seating position, as its more like laying down.

P.S. Rock n Roller Coaster is smoother and funner!

Front of the car is bad! Both tall and pooh sized( and Space junkie) I can assure you that front seat has the LEAST amount of leg room. If you won't take my word for it, my 6'3" 2x sized hubby will surely vouch for it:) I can't climb out of it gracefully, but I'll ride it every time.

Front of first car has the full "nose", so leg room is a little more there. But seriously, anyone over 6'3 or 6'4 should not ride Space Mountain.

My 6'3" feels that anyone more then an inch or two taller then him may have a lot a trouble riding. He has the double whammy-big and tall. However I stand by the back 2 seats advice. It is 2 cars in a row, 3 in each. The back 2 seats on both cars have the leg room. It looks like the front should have the room, but there is a lot of leg room alongside the seats in front of you, not nearly as much as the cone of the car. If you're unsure about it, when you get to the front ask a castmember where the best seat would be for you to be able to fit.

I'm a Pooh-sized 5ft tall woman....do you think that I will have any trouble ridind SM? i'm worried more about the width than the hight/leg room.....

SmilingMouse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter