Polynesian room categories question

pennylane16

Mouseketeer
Hello!
Last time we visited WDW in Aug 2017, they were just switching over the categories, so we were able to get Niue even though we paid for a standard view. I'm guessing this is different now. Is there a breakdown of which longhouses fall under each category such a pool view, standard etc?
Thanks! :-)
Erin

Hello!
Last time we visited WDW in Aug 2017, they were just switching over the categories, so we were able to get Niue even though we paid for a standard view. I'm guessing this is different now. Is there a breakdown of which longhouses fall under each category such a pool view, standard etc?
Thanks! :-)
Erin

Not a good one. It seems like it's still a work in progress.
Niue seems to be Standard. One side of Fiji is standard. All of Samoa is Pool View. Rarotonga is mostly Standard. part of Aotearoa is Standard.

Not a good one. It seems like it's still a work in progress.
Niue seems to be Standard. One side of Fiji is standard. All of Samoa is Pool View. Rarotonga is mostly Standard. part of Aotearoa is Standard.
Ah, thanks! We had requested Samoa, but we were very happy in Niue! I'd love to be in Niue again actually, so I wondered if it was pool view now since we could see the quiet pool from our first floor room and we were steps away from both pools.

When I emailed Disney asking which buildings were Pool/Marina view at Poly (new category) they told me Id either get Fiji or Samoa, and I did get Fiji, marina view side. Which I enjoyed because for some reason, looking at the marina relaxes me.

When I emailed Disney asking which buildings were Pool/Marina view at Poly (new category) they told me Id either get Fiji or Samoa, and I did get Fiji, marina view side. Which I enjoyed because for some reason, looking at the marina relaxes me.

Pretty sure pool facing side of Rarotonga is also Pool view. I believe I saw this somewhere, actually just booked a pool view with the thought that Rarotonga is included in that. Can someone confirm this??

eta- just looked at Touring plans room pics, etc, and Rarotonga comes up as a Pool view category.

Last edited:

Where did you email? I would like to confirm. I was hoping for Samoa or Rarotonga (but not FIGI). I just booked a pool view room with the thought that Rarotonga would also be included. According to Touring Plans, it is pool view if facing the quiet pool.

I don’t think the Touring Plans room categories are 100% accurate. We stayed in Rarotonga in a room that TP categorizes as “pool view.” I had booked standard, and when I inquired at the desk if we had been upgraded to a pool view room, I was told we had not.

Could you see the pool from your room? Were you facing the pool and what floor were you on?

Could you see the pool from your room? Were you facing the pool and what floor were you on?
It was room 3810. It was facing the quiet pool, but we did not have a view of it. We had a view of the back of the pool bar roof. It was a really nice view, though. I loved that room! One of the quietest I’ve stayed in at Disney and really convenient to everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter