Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

I've been waffling between Poly or AKV. How legit do you feel the concern is that DVC will change the charts up to swing more towards the studios in order to reduce the point requirement on the bungalows? I'm not even 100% sure they can do this so potentially is an unnecessary concern.

I think this is why Poly is least desirable to own to many but one of the favorites to stay. We love owning here and having the 11 month advantage. While I never thought to stay in the bungalows, Coronavirus has made that possible with 2 cancelled trips. We had originally decided to wait for our 7 month mark and grab the Cabins for our December trip but those disappeared before our window. I’m glad we booked the bungalow because they are even gone for our dates!

Well, Poly owners, Poly is now listed as the best value on that other site's "Most Economical" DVC list!

I was looking to change it up and add some VGF points, but maybe I'll just get more Poly!

@RoseGold I've been looking for a small add-on contract at BLT but definitely been tempted to just add more Poly points instead! I only want to add on at BLT for bigger accommodations for when family comes along.

I was thinking the same thing. This 2 bedrooms are great value esp with banking and borrowing.

Lack of a viable larger room is Poly’s drawback. In all the years we’ve been going to Disney, no one ever expressed any interest to go with us until they found out we were DVC owners!!:rotfl2: We’re arguing now over where to add on for a non bungalow 2 bedroom option.

They really are plus walking to MK and back is going to be so nice with our son.

We were at the BLT last Labor Day week and because of the hurricane we had to extend our stay one day. There were no more studios so we decided to use our points for a two bedroom and it was amazing. And the fact that you could just roll your stroller right into the Magic Kingdom that can’t be beat. I feel guilty about putting that in a poly thread but I guess we know where I’m going to be adding.

@espov The contract I’ve been waiting for just popped up but my husband is sleeping! 😭 I wonder how mad would he be if I tell him in the morning that I put an offer in on a contract lol.

We were at the BLT last Labor Day week and because of the hurricane we had to extend our stay one day. There were no more studios so we decided to use our points for a two bedroom and it was amazing. And the fact that you could just roll your stroller right into the Magic Kingdom that can’t be beat. I feel guilty about putting that in a poly thread but I guess we know where I’m going to be adding.

That's why we own both BLT and PVC :love: We only have enough PVC points for a trip every couple of years though. We are planning on being there for the 50th next year and I am so excited that the walkway from the MK should be done by then!

Nope 😔. Baby woke us up at 3:30 and there was already an offer accepted. Lesson learned! Now I have prior-authorization from the hubs so I'm ready for the next unicorn contract!
What was the contract. I’m torn between getting more points at SSR or OKW and try my luck with 2 bedroom availability at BLT. Or just get 100 and use bank and borrow for those pts for a large family trip. Right now we have 150 Poly. I’ve yet to stay at Poly :(

@espov It was 70pts Dec UY for $155/pt. It had 36 banked 2019 points. Full points for 2020 and beyond. 70pts works for us because we don't anticipate bringing family that often so banking/borrowing on contract size works perfect for us. We tend to only stay for 5 days each trip in a studio since we don't really need the space from the larger accommodations. We have 100 at the Poly right now and that amount works well for us when it's just us traveling. We love staying at the Poly but have branched out to BLT's theme park studio...now you really can't beat that view!

Been looking around the boards, is this the only PVB owners forum?

We just sent our first contract to ROFR and the value is what sold it. Enough points for every other year plus a little cushion in case they do shuffle points because of the bungalows. Studio only was actually a plus for me. Was looking for a 5 sleeper and fewer room categories meant less chance I made a mistake on real-world points needed.

Not sure on the geography of that area, will the walkway to MK be feasible from Poly or not really?

Not sure on the geography of that area, will the walkway to MK be feasible from Poly or not really?

It will be a long walk from Poly to MK. The nice thing about the Poly is it already has 3 good options to get to MK or you might even say 4. You can take the small water launch to MK. You can catch the resort monorail at the Ceremonial House (lobby) or it's a short walk over to the Ticket and Transportation center and you can catch the Ferry to the MK or get on either the resort monorail or the express monorail. The proximity to the TTC also makes it easy to get to Epcot.

It will be a long walk from Poly to MK. The nice thing about the Poly is it already has 3 good options to get to MK or you might even say 4. You can take the small water launch to MK. You can catch the resort monorail at the Ceremonial House (lobby) or it's a short walk over to the Ticket and Transportation center and you can catch the Ferry to the MK or get on either the resort monorail or the express monorail. The proximity to the TTC also makes it easy to get to Epcot.
Thanks Kat. Do you have a personal preference or is it more dependent on proximity to your particular longhouse?

Thanks Kat. Do you have a personal preference or is it more dependent on proximity to your particular longhouse?

We almost always go over to the TTC and take either the Ferry or the Monorail. It is somewhat dependent on what is there at the time. If we've gone over to the Ceremonial House for breakfast or such then we'll take the resort monorail from there.

The walk from the Poly to The GF took us about 10 minutes at a leisurely pace. I'm guessing the walk from The GF to The MK will be about the same, so maybe 20 minutes total? I really prefer walking when I can, especially to avoid crowded monorails or boats at the end of the night.

Congratulations on becoming a PVB owner!

We just sent our first contract to ROFR and the value is what sold it. Enough points for every other year plus a little cushion in case they do shuffle points because of the bungalows. Studio only was actually a plus for me. Was looking for a 5 sleeper and fewer room categories meant less chance I made a mistake on real-world points needed.
Congrats! We love the poly and had to add it as our second home resort. As far as your every other year plans just want make sure you are aware of the borrowing rule currently in place - you can only borrow up to 50% of your contract. This may put a wrench in some peoples plans. If you will be in more of a banking mode - then you shouldn't be affected. We have no clue how long this will be in place as it is hopefully a temporary restriction.

The walk from the Poly to The GF took us about 10 minutes at a leisurely pace. I'm guessing the walk from The GF to The MK will be about the same, so maybe 20 minutes total? I really prefer walking when I can, especially to avoid crowded monorails or boats at the end of the night.

Congratulations on becoming a PVB owner!
Thanks! I like to have options. We’re used to waiting for buses to the Moderates, often a +20 min proposition unless you’re lucky and on that first bus if it comes right away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!