Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

If staying LV, definitely request 2nd or 3rd floor, the views will be fine watching the EWP and fireworks. Last time I stayed SV at Poly, we had a parking lot/monorail view so really rolling the dice whether you might luck into a studio that gets a glimpse of the water.
Can't say enough about that 3rd floor view. I call ahead and request it every time so we can watch the EWP and HEA. :love:

We are at Poly, our second stay here. Am very happy with our standard view, all that was available when we booked. In Tokelau nice garden view, so close to the pool, and drinks. Does anyone know if coffee is there right when pool opens at 7?

Hi! I'm a new DVC owner at the Poly! I just wanted to know, how comfortable/uncomfortable is the pull out bed from the couch? We may or may not have 5 people on our first trip, we know for sure we'll have 4. So at least 1 person will be stuck on the pull out. Thank you!

Hi! I'm a new DVC owner at the Poly! I just wanted to know, how comfortable/uncomfortable is the pull out bed from the couch? We may or may not have 5 people on our first trip, we know for sure we'll have 4. So at least 1 person will be stuck on the pull out. Thank you!

It’s pretty subjective but, my eldest son and his wife had no issues with the pullout last trip. The trip prior, my youngest used the pullout and he said it was comfortable as well. I’ve read that if guests need it, they can provide those egg crate cushions.

By the way, welcome home!

It’s pretty subjective but, my eldest son and his wife had no issues with the pullout last trip. The trip prior, my youngest used the pullout and he said it was comfortable as well. I’ve read that if guests need it, they can provide those egg crate cushions.

By the way, welcome home!

Thank you! That was helpful!

Hey, new question. I keep hearing that even at the 11 month marker its getting harder to get studios. How true is this for the Poly?

Hey, new question. I keep hearing that even at the 11 month marker its getting harder to get studios. How true is this for the Poly?
Knock on wood, I have always been able to get a studio the morning of my 11 month mark - either category as well. However, we go in late January so I am sure during the more popular times, it may be harder.

I LOVED the comfort of the sofa bed at Poly. I actually preferred it to the actual bed.

Not much of an issue in terms of getting a studio at 11 months unless you are looking at the first two weeks of Dec. The point needed during that time are pretty low and it has Christmas decorations. At 11 months to the dot, be sure to log on at 8am to grab a studio and you should have no problems at that time.

I LOVED the comfort of the sofa bed at Poly. I actually preferred it to the actual bed.

Same here. The regular Poly studio bed is way too hard for this "sleep number 35" woman. But it's no problem for my husband, who adds an extra board under the mattress after setting his sleep number to 100. I don't know why he doesn't just sleep on the floor, honestly....

Just goes to show you can never please everyone.

Same here. The regular Poly studio bed is way too hard for this "sleep number 35" woman. But it's no problem for my husband, who adds an extra board under the mattress after setting his sleep number to 100. I don't know why he doesn't just sleep on the floor, honestly....

Just goes to show you can never please everyone.

My husband is the EXACT same way! I seriously don't understand how sleeping on the equivalent of a rock is comfy and relaxing lol

Not much of an issue in terms of getting a studio at 11 months unless you are looking at the first two weeks of Dec. The point needed during that time are pretty low and it has Christmas decorations. At 11 months to the dot, be sure to log on at 8am to grab a studio and you should have no problems at that time.

I don't think we'll go in December at all. We have been mostly looking at October-Early November, Second half of January-May. I think we'll be fine. I'm a mega planner so I'll be up to book the second I can. Thank you!

Hello all,

I’ve been lurking these boards since we returned last month (late February 2019) from our first WDW trip. We stayed at the Polynesian and *loved* it.

My wife and I knew a lot about DVC because we researched it after staying at the Aulani a few years ago. We really wanted to do it back then but the timing wasn’t right.

We’re happy to say that we’ve finally taken the first step towards DVC membership. Our offer for a Poly resale contract was accepted today, so hopefully we get through ROFR! We debated a lot about the costs of Poly vs. AKL and other options, but we ultimately followed the “buy where you want to stay” mantra.

Really hoping to call Poly our home away from home!

Hello all,

I’ve been lurking these boards since we returned last month (late February 2019) from our first WDW trip. We stayed at the Polynesian and *loved* it.

My wife and I knew a lot about DVC because we researched it after staying at the Aulani a few years ago. We really wanted to do it back then but the timing wasn’t right.

We’re happy to say that we’ve finally taken the first step towards DVC membership. Our offer for a Poly resale contract was accepted today, so hopefully we get through ROFR! We debated a lot about the costs of Poly vs. AKL and other options, but we ultimately followed the “buy where you want to stay” mantra.

Really hoping to call Poly our home away from home!

An update that isn’t really an update. All the paperwork and initial deposit has been submitted. Today, our contract is officially in Disney’s hands for ROFR review. And so starts the waiting game... I suppose I posted this just to feel like I’m doing something about the resale purchase, but it’s out of our hands now.

For now, I’ll just keep fantasizing about buying 75-points direct or supplementary points at another resort lol.

@Bearrister [Almost] welcome home! Just left the Poly yesterday - it was fabulous as usual. We own at two other more value-conscious resorts but for 5 or so years now have really felt Poly is our home. I think we'll be adding on where we want to stay very soon. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!