Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

We are thinking of renting points for a Poly Villa and hoping to get it since we are booking 11 months out.
Does staying at a villa make you loose out on the experience of staying at that resort? We've never stayed in a villa. Are the Poly villas far off from the main building?

We are thinking of renting points for a Poly Villa and hoping to get it since we are booking 11 months out.
Does staying at a villa make you loose out on the experience of staying at that resort? We've never stayed in a villa. Are the Poly villas far off from the main building?
No. The villas are closer to the TTC which is a good thing to catch monorails to MK or EPCOT.

It’s a little walk to the ceremonial house but I like the proximity to TTC. You are definitely “part of the resort.”

No. The villas are closer to the TTC which is a good thing to catch monorails to MK or EPCOT.

It’s a little walk to the ceremonial house but I like the proximity to TTC. You are definitely “part of the resort.”
Thanks for the response. About how long of a walk is it from say the closest longhouse to the cermonial hall? We have a little one and would like to refill water and coffee often.

The buildings that are now Villas were previously hotel rooms. They are the furthest away but you have to walk outside from any and all buildings at the Poly to get to the main building.

Thanks for the response. About how long of a walk is it from say the closest longhouse to the cermonial hall? We have a little one and would like to refill water and coffee often.
It's less than 5 minutes walk from the end of Moorea closest to TTC to the Ceremonial house. You can easily walk from the TTC area to the Spirit of Aloha show in 10 min. It's not a huge resort (like OKW, for instance). We loved being on the end of Moorea. Short walk to TTC (Ferry, Monorail) and to Ceremonial House. And, in between Moorea and GCH is the Oasis pool, where you can refill.

We're looking to add on here resale before the change and have our eyes on a small point contract. 2 adults in our upper 30s/lower 40s with no plans of having kids so studio stays are perfect for us. My main concern is with the recent point changes. It seems like PVB should be lock off increase protected but with so many points being in bungalows at the start i'm curious if anyone has run a 'worst case' scenario for studios. Definitely want to be able to get in for 5-6 days every other year so trying to figure out if 120-150 points (when banked) are expected to remain sufficient for that.

I know we can't predict the future with absolution. Just want to get a best guess opinion from those who own there and likely know more about it than everyone else. Thanks!

We're looking to add on here resale before the change and have our eyes on a small point contract. 2 adults in our upper 30s/lower 40s with no plans of having kids so studio stays are perfect for us. My main concern is with the recent point changes. It seems like PVB should be lock off increase protected but with so many points being in bungalows at the start i'm curious if anyone has run a 'worst case' scenario for studios. Definitely want to be able to get in for 5-6 days every other year so trying to figure out if 120-150 points (when banked) are expected to remain sufficient for that.

I know we can't predict the future with absolution. Just want to get a best guess opinion from those who own there and likely know more about it than everyone else. Thanks!

I don’t have a good idea for this kind of prediction, but wanted to bump for new views.

I wonder about this, too. I was thinking of adding on, given the changes, but would only want 50 - 70 points more and really want to keep the same use year. I’ve been watching all the resale sites frequently, but nothing has popped up.

Hi :daisy:
We bought into the Poly last year(Jan 2018) before the price increase and are finally coming “home” in Nov!!! :yay:
We booked 2 standard view studios - does anyone have any insight for requests? We don’t necessarily care about being super close to TTC since we’ll have a car. I don’t know if there’s a post in here that has any pics of views? And aren’t there only 2 floors or am I way off? Not a very good Poly owner am I? o_O Any info is GREATLY appreciated!!

Hi :daisy:
We bought into the Poly last year(Jan 2018) before the price increase and are finally coming “home” in Nov!!! :yay:
We booked 2 standard view studios - does anyone have any insight for requests? We don’t necessarily care about being super close to TTC since we’ll have a car. I don’t know if there’s a post in here that has any pics of views? And aren’t there only 2 floors or am I way off? Not a very good Poly owner am I? o_O Any info is GREATLY appreciated!!

Not owners but We just returned from a stay at Ak/Polynesian/Copper Creek. We were in the Moorea building (only the bungalows are further away) for 4 nights and it was less than a five minute walk to the main building, TTC, and the bus stop. Oasis pool is a minute or two away and the main pool/beach area again is under 5 minutes. We absolutely loved this resort, envy you for buying in. We should have years ago when our trips were yearly or better but now with the kids being out of the house the frequency of our trips doesn't seem to make it worth it. One drawback about Poly is there is NO drawer space outside the bathrooms so prepare to live out of your suitcase. There is room under the bed to stow them. They offer a second shower/sink room (which is awesome) and a bed for a small child that pulls out of what should be the dresser. The car will not do you any good moving around the resort as the lot is at the front so you could walk anywhere in the resort in the time it takes to get to your car. Let me know if I can help with any other questions.

Not owners but We just returned from a stay at Ak/Polynesian/Copper Creek. We were in the Moorea building (only the bungalows are further away) for 4 nights and it was less than a five minute walk to the main building, TTC, and the bus stop. Oasis pool is a minute or two away and the main pool/beach area again is under 5 minutes. We absolutely loved this resort, envy you for buying in. We should have years ago when our trips were yearly or better but now with the kids being out of the house the frequency of our trips doesn't seem to make it worth it. One drawback about Poly is there is NO drawer space outside the bathrooms so prepare to live out of your suitcase. There is room under the bed to stow them. They offer a second shower/sink room (which is awesome) and a bed for a small child that pulls out of what should be the dresser. The car will not do you any good moving around the resort as the lot is at the front so you could walk anywhere in the resort in the time it takes to get to your car. Let me know if I can help with any other questions.

There are drawers under the bed too. And the "coffee" table opens up I believe.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the insight! That’s good to know about the storage, helps to keep it in mind while packing so we don’t have too much to stash around. I’m excited that it’s more compact than POR or CBR. My mom has some mobility issues so the less walking the better.

Did you find the TTC or Monorail to be noisy? With it being that close, I didn’t know if it adds a lot of background noise during the night mainly.
Thanks again for the info!

There are drawers under the bed too. And the "coffee" table opens up I believe.

Perhaps there are, didn't notice the drawers under the bed but the coffee table does indeed open up but it's not real convenient.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the insight! That’s good to know about the storage, helps to keep it in mind while packing so we don’t have too much to stash around. I’m excited that it’s more compact than POR or CBR. My mom has some mobility issues so the less walking the better.

Did you find the TTC or Monorail to be noisy? With it being that close, I didn’t know if it adds a lot of background noise during the night mainly.
Thanks again for the info!

We didn't notice any noise from anything during our stay including the TTC at least until the housekeeping/grounds keeping golf carts start buzzing around in the morning but by that time we were already up. As for your mom, not sure if she uses a scooter or chair but the walkways, lobby, building hallways are all really wide open. I really liked that about this resort. It is much much more compact than POR/CBR.

Perhaps there are, didn't notice the drawers under the bed but the coffee table does indeed open up but it's not real convenient.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-bungalows-offers-up-comfort-and-extra-space/

NPR7604722.jpg

One other thing of note that I would add for this and all other Disney properties ... Do yourself a favor and bring a couple of rolls of your favorite TP with you if you are able. Trust me you will be glad you did. I am still recovering after a week of using the government issue grade paper that Disney provides. :(

Which views are better, Lake or Standard? The lake views I saw elsewhere were really blocked by the bungalows. However, I really would like to see the EWP. Is that even possible from the standard views?

Which views are better, Lake or Standard? The lake views I saw elsewhere were really blocked by the bungalows. However, I really would like to see the EWP. Is that even possible from the standard views?

We were in Moorea in a standard ground floor which was on opposite side of the building from the lake. The bungalows would definitely block the lake view from at least the ground floor in this and at least one other building. There is also an island in the middle of the lake that obstructs views from the resort as well. The beach area is literally a 1 minute walk out your door and there are places there to watch the fireworks and electrical parade. We stayed at Copper Creek as well and the parade goes right past that resort with unobstructed views.

One other thing of note that I would add for this and all other Disney properties ... Do yourself a favor and bring a couple of rolls of your favorite TP with you if you are able. Trust me you will be glad you did. I am still recovering after a week of using the government issue grade paper that Disney provides. :(

I always think that next time I will bring down charmin TP but not sure if their systems can handle it.

If staying LV, definitely request 2nd or 3rd floor, the views will be fine watching the EWP and fireworks. Last time I stayed SV at Poly, we had a parking lot/monorail view so really rolling the dice whether you might luck into a studio that gets a glimpse of the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter