Polynesian or grand Floridian with babyo

JonT36

Earning My Ears
Hello
Will be staying at either of these resorts (poly or gf) in May with our 1 year old. Both are same price. Will be doing 3 day parks and 2 days just staying at the resort. Anyone have any input about which would be better?

Last edited:
I think GF is a better resort for two adults with a very young baby/toddler, in my opinion. Both pools have zero entry areas and a great splash pad that's pretty shallow, and it's usually not hard to find chairs/shade. GF is an 'easy' resort with a little one.

Both of Poly's pools have zero entry areas, but they are generally more crowded/hectic and seating can be a challenge at times at the main pool (Lava Pool). The splash area is better suited for kids that are a bit older. Poly is just a more active/busy resort overall that we've enjoyed as our kids were more like 3/4+, less so when they were really young.

Both are great resorts though!

BTW, :welcome: to the DIS!

Really all about which theme you prefer. That being said, no other resort on property beats the GF when it comes to service.

Hello
Will be staying at either of these resorts (polybor gf) in May with our 1 year old. Both are same price. Will be doing 3 day parks and 2 days just staying at the resort. Anyone have any input about which would be better?

Both resorts are great, IMO. The Poly is our favorite for the tropical atmosphere and the (distant) view of the castle/fireworks from the beach, but the GF is also a nice resort. I agree with the pp that I'd look at pics of both resorts and choose the one that the theme/decor/atmosphere appeal to you the most. Good luck choosing, although I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter which one you choose :).

I find GF much easier with a baby. As others have said, it isn't as hectic, so the pool and QS areas are much easier to navigate. There are also so many more restaurant options. We found, when DS was younger, we never really wanted to get back onto WDW transportation after he napped during the day, so, at GF, we had 4 TS to choose from which didn't require a lot of traveling. You can also stroll over to Poly from GF (and vice versa), which is a nice walk with the baby.

Thanks for everyone’s input such a tough choice both look great!!

I will say, we’re Epcot fans and one thing I don’t necessarily like about GF is transportation to Epcot. The only option (other than driving, Minnie Van, etc) is the monorail, which requires transferring lines at the TTC both coming and going. It’s not the end of the world, it’s just not all that convenient for “just popping over to Epcot,” which we are prone to do.

At Poly, you can walk relatively easily to the TTC and get the Epcot monorail, eliminating the need to transfer. We find this more convenient overall compared to GF.

But if driving and/or not much Epcot time, not really much of an issue.

Always lots of pros and cons with any Disney resort choice. Good luck with your decision.

I’ll be the minority and say we stayed at the Poly with our 7 month old and it was perfect.

caveat: at home, he sleeps in his own room. we booked a studio at poly and used the smaller bathroom as his “bedroom.” it meant we could do 7:00 bedtime and enjoy ourselves the rest of the evening without much concern we were keeping him awake.

so if you have a similar sleep arrangement at home, my vote is a poly studio.

I was also going to mention the bath area. At poly it's all inclusive with a door. At gf the sinks are outside the bath area. If someone is brushing teeth etc the noise can be heard at gf but not poly .

It all depends on how sensitive your baby is with noise.

Both resorts are lovely so you can't go wrong.

Thanks for all the responses. The prices for Polynesian villas and grand Floridian standard room, not sure if that matters at all.

I think GF is a better resort for two adults with a very young baby/toddler, in my opinion. Both pools have zero entry areas and a great splash pad that's pretty shallow, and it's usually not hard to find chairs/shade. GF is an 'easy' resort with a little one.

Both of Poly's pools have zero entry areas, but they are generally more crowded/hectic and seating can be a challenge at times at the main pool (Lava Pool). The splash area is better suited for kids that are a bit older. Poly is just a more active/busy resort overall that we've enjoyed as our kids were more like 3/4+, less so when they were really young.

Both are great resorts though!

BTW, :welcome: to the DIS!

Thanks!!

Just another question about rooms since it seems gf has a better pool and less craziness. Anyone have any input if a studio villa at the poly would be better with a 1 year old than a standard lagoon view at the grand Floridian?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!