Polynesian or BLT 1 Bedroom

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
We are currently booked for the Polynesian standard room next January, 2019. We stayed there a year ago I’m just curious if anyone has ever made the decision to rent DVC points and stay in a 1 Bedroom at Bay Lake Tower? The biggest reason for us to do so would be access to a washer/dryer in-room, and I’m not sure that is enough of a reason for us? We love everything about the Poly. We just didn’t like having to walk to the laundry facilities. We have three 8 year-old boys and they are not the cleanest eaters, which required things to be washed frequently. We have considered simply requesting a room closer to the laundry facilities. Just wondering from those who have done both, did you miss the atmosphere of the Polynesian or vice versa?

We are staying at BLT in a one bedroom (renting points) in June. We made this decision over Poly (and others) because of the kitchen, washer/dryer, and the two bathrooms was a huge deal! My family needs more room now that the girls are teenagers!

Do you go for a long period of time? I wouldn't worry about laundry, personally, unless there for closer to 2 weeks. For a Disney trip, we typically only do a week so can pack enough clothes. That said, BLT is very nice too so if you'd like to try that resort, why not?

ETA: We did take a 2 week trip to Korea last year and stayed in an apartment style hotel. We planned for that and did need to do laundry while there.

It's always nice to come home with a suitcase full of clean clothes. The BLT one bedroom has two full bathrooms, so your eight yr olds can use the one just off the entrance to the villa and sleep on the queen sleeper sofa and twin sleeper chair. You and your spouse can enjoy the king sized bed in the master bedroom.

We own DVC and BLT is our home resort. We love the 1Br there for the 2 bathrooms. The kids have theirs and we have ours. We pack for 4 days and run a load of laundry in the morning before we leave for the day. We also eat breakfast each morning in the room - cereal, waffles, whatever. It's nice to have a kitchen/fridge to keep snacks for the pool like cheese & crackers, fruit, etc.

Do you go for a long period of time? I wouldn't worry about laundry, personally, unless there for closer to 2 weeks. For a Disney trip, we typically only do a week so can pack enough clothes. That said, BLT is very nice too so if you'd like to try that resort, why not?

ETA: We did take a 2 week trip to Korea last year and stayed in an apartment style hotel. We planned for that and did need to do laundry while there.

We are going for a week. We packed a bit lighter than we should have and did laundry twice while there.

I am a Poly fan and was surprised to really love my stay in a BLT 2 bedroom. I think it is still Disney themed with the castle in view, monorail, electric parade at night, walk to MK etc. the rooms are very nice and not old looking like the Poly. I was surprised how much I loved it because I was expecting it to be sterile but it felt very disney to me. Walking to MK was so nice! I would definitely do BLT 1 bedroom for the space because hotel perks are same as the poly and I like theming there equally. Plus, you can visit the Poly and GF to eat too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!